Forums Latest Members
  1. omegastar Sep 14, 2017

I haven't posted for two weeks now( nobody cares !). I had the idea of writing a super post for my one thousandth post, I played with the idea, had different projects which were unsatisfactory or unrealistic and in the end nothing came out. I thought of that super watch then another one, eventually felt it wasn't such a nice watch, ...And now I am totally blocked. Every time I want to post, while reading threads on OF, I remember it is my one thousandth post and that it should be special and censor myself. The pressure is getting bigger and in the end, nothing.
    And today, suddenly @marturx has enlightened the pressure by writing his two thousandth post without realising it.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/lemania-239a.63560/
    I felt it was time for me to go on. Thank you @marturx you saved me and happy two thousand post !

Now to the point, I had the idea (I am probably not the first one) to create some kind of Omega archives.
    Members would propose pictures of a particularly nice and original watch and moderators with some kind of consensus would decide to place it the archive under its reference number and name (some kind of logical classification).
    This way we could keep traces of watches we no longer possess or point to the archives the many newcomers who seek for expertise.
    I have a feeling that something changed since Photobucket is not available anymore. You know, when you look for info on another forum and end up with unavailable pictures. Furthermore some generation changes are taking place, the instagram Speedmaster generation is taking over and there is less and less enthousiasm for classic watches. I am ok with it, but I feel that we are loosing a lot of knowledge on the path.
    I sometimes think of an 18k pink gold I had in my hands and posted here as a good example :
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/what-is-in-your-opinion-the-market-value-of-this-18k-pie-pan.57093/
    I no longer have the watch, but this is typically the kind of watch that I would place in the archives.

Well, I am throwing a bottle in the ocean for my one thousandth post and maybe the archives will exist when I will write my two thousandth post like @marturx.

Kind regards.
    Mounir

OWa, Vitezi, Longbow and 3 others like this.
  2. sxl2004 Sep 14, 2017

Congrats!

omegastar likes this.
  3. marturx Sep 14, 2017

I feel you buddy :)

omegastar and cristos71 like this.
  4. cristos71 Sep 14, 2017

Loved your 2000th post ... :p

omegastar likes this.
  5. marturx Sep 15, 2017

Where's the dislike button when one should need one... :p