My Omega Speedmaster

I see Omega Speedmaster Professional watches a lot. Rare to see one without the 'Professional' under 'Speedmaster'.
Here is my watch I purchased just before starting Navy Flight Training in 1968. I wore it all through my years of Military flying. According to the numbers, it was made in 1967. It is just like the ones worn by our Astronauts that landed on the Moon in 1969. After the Moon landing it was called 'The Moon Watch".
Mine has been all over the world and I have taken extremely good care of it. Keeps perfect time and the chronograph is perfect. Very lucky!!

Ha! 👍

Good to see another Navy guy with a vintage 321 Speedmaster! 👍

My 1964 says hello [on the left in the pic below].

You still have your G-1?

IMG_7963.jpeg

Good watch, with many happy years of use, it does not get better than this if you are a watch guy !

I see Omega Speedmaster Professional watches a lot. Rare to see one without the 'Professional' under 'Speedmaster'.
Here is my watch I purchased just before starting Navy Flight Training in 1968. I wore it all through my years of Military flying. According to the numbers, it was made in 1967. It is just like the ones worn by our Astronauts that landed on the Moon in 1969. After the Moon landing it was called 'The Moon Watch".
Mine has been all over the world and I have taken extremely good care of it. Keeps perfect time and the chronograph is perfect. Very lucky!!

Very cool watch. This would be the only Speedmaster one would need.

just a request: would you be able to … ahem… take a sharper photo so that we can see the watch in better detail 😁

That there is a beautiful time piece - thank you for sharing. Continue to wear it in good health and I hope you make many more memories with it.

Have you ever had it serviced?

It doesn’t say professional as it is not a professional model. 😉

The professional model was introduced about 1967 and had guards around the pushers which prevented the pushers from being caught on clothing or other items and having them damaged or ripped off. The lugs also changed in that model.

You have a pre professional or straight lug model which dates back to the original in 1957.
Edited: