My Omega Ref. 14700 with the 8260 “Peanut” Bracelet

Posts
1,014
Likes
4,095
Hello Omega Forums members,

Today I’d like to share another watch from my collection, together with a rather uncommon bracelet that I recently paired with this Seamaster.

First, I already own another Omega ref. 14700 in an all-steel case with a ribbon dial. You may notice that this example has the handset more commonly seen on this Seamaster reference, and I think it pairs very nicely with the BOR bracelet.



The watch I’d like to share today is another Omega ref. 14700, also in an all-steel case and featuring a ribbon dial. Although the hour markers are the same shape, this example has yellow-gold hardware. Another noticeable difference is the handset: this watch has alpha hands, which seem to be less commonly seen but are also correct for this reference.



As for the case, in my opinion, it appears to have been worn but remains unpolished. I’ve included a close-up photo of the lug for reference.



Next, I’d like to mention the original Omega 8260 “peanut” bracelet with No. 50 end links.

From information shared on this forum, this appears to have been a short-lived configuration used by Omega around 1961–62. My ref. 14700 has a movement serial number in the 17,181,9xx range, dating it to the early 1960s, which makes it period-correct for the peanut bracelet.



This is actually the first time I’ve owned this particular bracelet, and I find it very comfortable on the wrist.

This bracelet can also be seen in a period Omega advertisement paired with a Seamaster De Ville, as shown in the photo.



Here are some photos of my watch after fitting the peanut bracelet, taken in natural light.



Regarding the crown, I believe the Omega ref. 14700 should use a thin scalloped crown with the flat-feet Omega logo. Based on the measurements from my watch, I think the Omega 4205 crown appears to be a good match.



I’ve also included some close-up photos of the dial and fonts. One thing I particularly like about this example is how clean the dial is, with virtually none of the spotting that is often seen on these ribbon dials.



And finally, a wrist shot in natural light.
Any small marks visible in the close-up photos are simply dust on the crystal.



Thanks for taking the time to read my thread. I’d really appreciate any comments or opinions on this new addition.

I’d also be very interested to hear what you think about the Omega 8260 “peanut” bracelet with No. 50 end links. Do you think it pairs well with the lug shape of the ref. 14700?

Best,
Teerapat
Edited:
 
Posts
1,710
Likes
7,322
I love the peanut bracelet - I was lucky to acquire one from @nanjingcigaretes. Of course it does not fit all cases, but I think you got a perfect match!
 
Posts
303
Likes
476
Great write up as always @qazwsx1 . I was waiting for this when I saw you post your new piece in another thread yesterday. Beautiful peanut bracelet as well. I’ve been on the hunt for a nice ribbon dial lately.
 
Posts
242
Likes
696
Beautiful all around - I've been looking for a steel 14700 with alpha hands on and off and these definitely make me want to look harder!