Forums Latest Members
  1. sheepdoll Sep 10, 2022

This watch need's it's own thread. Was part of last month's eBay purchasing binge.

IMG_3411.png IMG_3412.png IMG_3413.png

Took a while to arrive since it came from Moldova.

Has a number of issues. Notably the spit stem is split. Still it did come with a crown. I thought in the eBay listing the crystal was cracked, in actuality it is chipped.

The case on this is perfect. the graining is sharp. There were others listed where there was way to much polishing done.

I was ready to get just a case alone for more than I won this auction for. So I am pretty pleased with my new watch.

I have not yet attempted to remove the crystal with a lift. I know there is a tool, which looks like a crystal lift. I have not done any research into getting a new crystal. This one does have the Ω in the center.

I have quite a few crowns, with split stems, but they are gold colored. I have not checked to see if the female part of the stems are removable or interchangeable. I can not try a different one as the broken part is still inside the watch. More research will be needed.

I still have the other three ladies omega watches which I got waiting for this one, so it may be a while before I can find the time to clean this one.

I will also be needing a wristband, I do like the green one on eBay that is listed for more than this complete watch. I am still unsure why it makes me feel good but it does.

-j

tjdwhite, CjJEEP, Fulton8or and 6 others like this.
  2. Ocean Sep 11, 2022

Nice watch. I also like Geneve Dynamic watches. From my knowledge to remove the glass you will have to remove the crown and apply air pressure from there.

NotAClue likes this.
  3. alvaropm Sep 11, 2022

Very nice Dynamic!!!!
    I love it.

4. NotAClue Sep 11, 2022

This ^^^^

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 11, 2022

Or one of these.

IMG_1506.JPG

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 11, 2022

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scarecrow Boat and janice&fred like this.
  7. Dat Nguyen Sep 11, 2022

Cool, this is my first time seeing this watch, thank you!

8. sheepdoll Sep 11, 2022

Tool 102 come up quite often on eBay. I actually have several in my watchlist. If anyone else is watching 265875563426, (Edit: the seller accepted the offer so it should be on it's way)

The typical cost is twice as much as the watch. So I am trying to hold off as much as I can for tools I really nead. Such tools look to do the same thing as a crystal lift. I have a vague recollection of seeing such a tool on my factory tour which was some 28 or so years ago.

-j

9. sheepdoll Sep 14, 2022

IMG_3421.png
    Wow, that was fast! And well packed too. I was not expecting this for a couple more days. I am no where near ready for it. Still lost down the Landeron rabbit hole.

Still debating if I want to get the watch band, that inspirers me or to wait to get the band until after I clean this watch.

-j

noelekal and RevZMan123 like this.
  10. sheepdoll Sep 22, 2022

IMG_3446.png
    I got a new crystal (plus a second spare with a similar chip) from ebay. Was searching for landeron parts. The seller seems to be doing an estate sale. I could have picked it up local in person. The seller chose to mail it using regular mail (with stamps) then became concerned to see if I had received it. (eBay still shows the status as awaiting shipment.)

Apparently the father was a watchmaker and this was from the mother's personal watch. (which is also listed for an absurd price.) as the sister had no interest in it. The seller also had the 102 tool at twice for which I got mine. I guess I am not the only one who volunteers too much information.

Curiously there is an extra set of hands in the pill bottle. I went back and looked at the auction photo and sure enough, there they are. The spare not however seem to be for this style of watch. The plastic bag the crystal are in (upper left) have an Omega logo with is also a nice touch. And the crystals have the logo in the center.

Next up is the wrist band. I went ahead and did the buy-it-now on the green band and case that inspired my eBay search/addiction thread. The landeron parts may be here tomorrow, Perhaps I should order a chicken, and an egg ...

-j

LotusRallyman, Davidt and noelekal like this.