My new speedy...

Posts
890
Likes
1,063
Yea! It has arrived. Thank you Mr. DHL man.

I didn't bring any screwdrivers to work, so it will have to wait until tonight to be sized for my delicate wrists. But I am excited!

Thanks to everyone here who has helped educate me on the sapphire sandwich (and all of the other speedy variations) and the seller, who posted it here in our classified, providing me with (what I hope was) an excellent price.
 
Posts
303
Likes
308
Congrats! I'm sure you must be excited to get home. I know I would be!
 
Posts
7,774
Likes
14,366
Can't beat a classic. Rip that plastic off, size her up, and rock it, and post some wrist pics!
 
Posts
355
Likes
392
Yea! It has arrived. Thank you Mr. DHL man.

I didn't bring any screwdrivers to work, so it will have to wait until tonight to be sized for my delicate wrists. But I am excited!

Thanks to everyone here who has helped educate me on the sapphire sandwich (and all of the other speedy variations) and the seller, who posted it here in our classified, providing me with (what I hope was) an excellent price.

Enjoy and welcome to the club. That watch will give you a lifetime of pleasure.
 
Posts
370
Likes
512
It's truly a face you don't have to learn to love, excellent choice, hope it brings you a lifetime of pleasure.
 
Posts
875
Likes
2,608
How’d the resizing go? Many fingers get jabbed by the screwdrivers? 😀

Wrist shot yet?
 
Posts
1,785
Likes
5,586
Congrats. that watch is a virus. it will spread and multiply.😁
 
Posts
404
Likes
606
Congrats - can’t wait to see some cool wrist pictures😎
 
Posts
890
Likes
1,063
How’d the resizing go? Many fingers get jabbed by the screwdrivers? 😀

Wrist shot yet?

Yes to both. I buggered up a couple of screws (dang they use a lot of loctite!) but got it done, finally.

You can see in picture of the back (ain't that a lovely movement!?!?!?!) that I burned my towel that I used to hold the bracelet in the vice while heating it up (to free up the loctite).
 
Posts
890
Likes
1,063
Obligatory wrist shot with moderate lume included at no additional cost.
 
Posts
4,868
Likes
24,783
Happy first Speedy Tuesday with your new watch!