My Great Grandfathers Omega(1950s I think?) ...Help identify Pls

Hi everyone, I'm new here ...I have recently been gifted my late Great Grandfather's Vintage Omega(I believe that it is from the 1950s). The watch is in an inoperable state currently, and is missing the knob on the side for setting the time. Other than that, it is in fairly decent condition. I don't believe that the current watch band is the original one. It is an old Eleganta-Fixo-Flex made in 'Western Germany' according to the inscriptions stamped on the inside of the watch band.

I would like to identify which model watch it is, and it's date of manufacture. Would you be able to assist me with this? I have attached a few pictures.

Like 4
I would like to identify which model watch it is, and it's date of manufacture.

That information will be available if you open the caseback or take it to a watchmaker and have them open it for you. Inside the caseback you'll find the "reference" (watch-speak for model) engraved, and the movement will have a serial number engraved on it. There are plenty of resources on the web that can match an Omega serial number to the approximate year of manufacture.

However you get the case opened, be sure to take photos of both the movement and the inside of the caseback and post them here.

Like 1
Most likely a manual wind. Case is gold. No idea on karat, but stamps on back of lugs

not 100% case is an Omega one. Could be a goldsmith made case. Back doesn’t look like something I’ve seen before, but could be incorrect.

take the bracelet off as they damage the lugs. As mentioned. Take it to a watchmaker and have it opened.

reference number on inside back and should be signed

Like 1
Absolutely don’t try to open the case with an improvised tool. It won’t work and you’ll damage the watch. If you don’t know where to find a watchmaker in your area, let us know where you are and a friendly forum member will advise you.