Forums Latest Members
  1. bubu16 Jan 17, 2020

No intention of selling. I can understand purists mentality but not one them. I just enjoy what I have-without headaches. Thanks.

2. bubu16 Jan 17, 2020

Sun finally peeked thru our window. Again I hope these are good enough for 321only - as requested. Thanks.
    IMG_4466.JPG IMG_4467.JPG IMG_4468.JPG IMG_4469.JPG IMG_4470.JPG

0uss, 321Only and JwRosenthal like this.
  3. JwRosenthal Jan 17, 2020

I had the same thinking as a purist myself, but as you suggest- if the original dial accompanies the watch, or it is put back to factory spec before sale- I see no degradation to the originality of the watch at all. That’s what my thinking was at least when I did the dial swap to my Ak.

dx009 likes this.
  4. dx009 Jan 17, 2020

Exactly. It would be a nice and common sense to do and I hope that people adhere to this especially with watches that cost "a bit" more than 50-100$.

5. bubu16 Jan 17, 2020

I just realized re dial switched. First of all, I have no intention of selling this DJ. Also, If i posted something that is inappropriate, moderators please feel free to delete this posts/ threads. Thanks.
    best to everyone.

6. JwRosenthal Jan 17, 2020

Nobody has issue with you posting a redialed watch here- particularly since the dial is a factory part and not a fake (I posted my factory dial swap). I believe the ethical issue of dial swapping in regard to selling a watch and not disclosing it was the tangential debate- which has no bearing on you since you have no intention of selling it anyway.
    It’s your watch- paint it teal and put a pink flamingo dial on it if you wish and post a pic- it’s still a genuine Rolex so no issue there on the “post no fakes” issue.

7. bubu16 Jan 17, 2020

Aaaah-good to know . Thanks. BTW-redialed? Isn't that a refinished dial? The brown/red is a refinished one?

8. JwRosenthal Jan 17, 2020

Then I might not be understanding your original post- did the seller tell you this was a factory Rolex dial that came in this color or the original color has shifted with age, a refinished Rolex dial (which is the same as the term “redial” which is used around here), or a fake Rolex dial?
    The dial on my OPD is a factory black dial that was pulled from another watch. I swapped my silver dial for it- so technically, it is factory correct, using factory parts- just a different color dial than the case serial # came with (and I still have the original). If I had the original dial repainted- that would be a “redial” or refurbished dial. If we get into the semantics of original dials versus non original dials, many watches that go in for a factory service (particularly Rolex or Omega) with a damaged dial will get a factory “service dial”. It is still a genuine factory part, and is correct for the watch- but is not the dial that came with the watch...but that doesn’t make it a “redial”, just a replacement factory service dial.

Edited Jan 17, 2020
  9. dx009 Jan 17, 2020

Actually you better not let Rolex see this as they've been on a craze lately to sue even those that customize Rolexes. Companies that is... though I wouldn't be surprised if they'd pick on someone selling a custom-made Rolex for a profit as well...::popcorn::

JwRosenthal likes this.
  10. JwRosenthal Jan 17, 2020

If they get to that level then they are stepping in some serious shit. I would personally start selling DJ’s embellished with a Star of David as a religious item and see how they handle that in court.

lindo and janice&fred like this.
  11. JwRosenthal Jan 17, 2020

In fact- if you have any tangible evidence of this (like an article or website speaking to it), it would make a fascinating debate on the watch law thread as it pertains to personal property and the rights to do with it what we wish after we have purchased the item, as long as it doesn’t infringe on copyright laws (like making a fake watch).

12. dx009 Jan 17, 2020

Here you go sir. I had never heard of this company and although I usually prefer all-original parts I quite like some of their dials. On one hand I find it absurd that Rolex is suing them for this but on the other hand I guess I understand their point of view as well. I can't figure out who is right, honestly.

https://www.rescapement.com/blog/rolex-is-suing-la-californienne-for-its-custom-counterfeit-watches

https://www.watchpro.com/rolex-calls-custom-watchmaker-a-counterfeiter-in-landmark-court-case/

In this case we're talking about companies not average people so it might be different. Nonetheless there are some nasty things that eBay does to some sellers when they're selling watches that some company doesn't want them to sell. It has happened to me personally. I had a discontinued (not expensive or anything) Doxa quartz and supposedly someone from Doxa complained about it to eBay and they deleted my listing and forbade me from listing it again. It was a pre-owned watch in as new condition with box and papers.

13. bubu16 Jan 17, 2020

This is beyond absurd. What about modified cars, etc.? Crazy world we live in and I thought it happens only in "politics" the past 3 years.

Dial to me is a "refinished" dial-meaning OG but refurbished. Redial can be define in so many ways. Good thing we don't use "rotary" phones anymore (lol).

14. bubu16 Jan 17, 2020

Sorry "Redial to me" for the above response. Thanks

15. JwRosenthal Jan 17, 2020

You should post what you just wrote here- including your Doxa story here

https://omegaforums.net/threads/the...ated-legal-matters.106271/page-3#post-1409276

dx009 likes this.
  16. 321Only Jan 18, 2020

great, thank you!
    I really like the color. Let’s cross fingers that I can get my hands on a dial like that as well soon :)