Forums Latest Members

My experience with Tempomat -

1. Tzoid Jul 9, 2020

Warning ... Shipping from Spain due to Covid-19 is extremely delayed and orders will take more than 30 days apparently. USA members I would say don't expect your order in under 30 days but maybe European members may have better luck. I hope this helps someone set expectations . They have a 20% discount code on Instagram but it can't be combined with the "Free International Shipping" . https://tempomaterials.com/

I edited after getting an education on the severity of flights out of that part of the world and shipping difficulty. I also emailed Tempomat.

Edited Jul 10, 2020
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 9, 2020

You were too cheap to pay for tracked shipping and you are complaining that due to a pandemic which they have no control over your order has been delayed, sorry no sympathy is due.

3. Tzoid Jul 9, 2020

30 Plus days and still no strap.... Your patience is more than mine and $ 10 USD to ship a Rubber strap is more than enough for shipping . They have tracking but it's a bullshit shipping company that can't reliably be tracked. I don't want your sympathy I got a refund.

4. Tzoid Jul 9, 2020

I have purchased from Bosphorus Leather in Turkey twice in the last 75 days and my orders arrived within 2 weeks each time. I also purchased from Germany and received the same service.

5. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 9, 2020

You do realize Spain was hit pretty bad by COVID right? I’m pretty sure Spain also largely has travel bans from Spain to other countries. The other countries you ordered from and had better experiences with, weren’t affected as terribly as Spain. Yeah you had to wait 30+ days for an 80$ strap but that can’t be the end of the world right? They have been in constant contact with you and sent proof of shipment. You also got your money back... so I don’t see the point of a bad review. I agree with the sentiments above: no sympathy from me. It honestly sounds like you were the difficult one of the two parties.

It’s not like you wired someone money and they ghosted you.

6. machamp6650 Jul 9, 2020

Yeah I don't feel great about this. Trashing a company because their economy-version international shipping was delayed in a pandemic.

I think I'm starting to appreciate more why @Uncle Seiko hasn't been keen on shipping outside of USA in recent months...

7. killer67 Jul 9, 2020

Had a good experience with Tempomat pre-COVID prompt shipping, frequent communication and quality strap for the price
    I did, however, pay for trackable shipping :whistling:
    Giving them advice on their pricing model is not the best way to make friends

Lonestar and Dan S like this.
  8. Canuck Jul 9, 2020

I recently had a shipment sent from Toronto to Calgary by Express Post which is normally 2 to 3 days. It took 21 days for the parcel to get here! Canada Post treats Priority Courier and Express Post like they treat all other mail. It gets there when it gets there. What will,you do if your parcel arrives.

9. Dan S Jul 9, 2020

Oh ... I think we know the answer to that. He's obviously entitled to a free strap since it took so long to arrive. :rolleyes:

cristos71 and NGO1 like this.
  10. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 9, 2020

BandR bands makes great straps and I regularly order from them. I’m in California and they are in New York.

Pre COVID: 3 days to receive from date of order.
    Post Covid: my last order took 12 days.

to complain about shipping times during a global pandemic is ridiculous.

Lonestar likes this.
  11. Evitzee Jul 9, 2020

With the current situation all bets are off as to how long something will take to get to you. You just have to plan for an indefinite delivery timeframe, and be thankful when it finally gets to you.

Sidreilley, Lonestar and Tzoid like this.
  12. NGO1 Jul 9, 2020

Will you pay them for the straps that are coming to you? When it arrived?
    You know the straps are in the mail and on its way.
    The maker lost their earning for the hours working for you. Then you bullied them online, for THEIR loss.
    I hope you never run a business. If you do, please let us know.

13. Walrus Jul 9, 2020

I ordered a vostok from the Ukraine when we were still in major lockdown. I talked to the seller as I wasn’t even sure if it was possible to get it at the time. He assured me he had continued selling to the US during the lockdown and everything made it, taking between 2-6 weeks. I went ahead it was just a very ugly Vostok that caught my eye. I put it out of my mind and figured it would show eventually. I think it took a little over a month. I’m not jumping on the OP just saying I had planned for a month and a half. If I’m in a rush for shipping it certainly won’t be an overseas purchase.

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 9, 2020

All shipping is going to be skewed with no planes flying like they used to. I waited 30 days for something from within Australia to Australia.
    The world has changed if you haven’t noticed. Try booking a flight to Spain.

Lonestar and machamp6650 like this.
  15. Tzoid Jul 9, 2020

Don't be a Dick.... I'll call my credit card company and have the transaction reinstated.

16. Tzoid Jul 9, 2020

Thanks for not Crucifying me.... After I placed the order and waited two weeks Tempomat told me 2 weeks was normal from Spain unless I paid for Express shipping. Zealande ships in 4 days but that's from France.

I really appreciate the insight on international shipping but those that feel they need to be a Dick not so much

Walrus likes this.
  17. Tzoid Jul 9, 2020

Here is my trackable shipping... It's useless
    https://www.laposte.fr/outils/suivre-vos-envois?code=RF202377550ES

18. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 9, 2020

Thanks for including their web site in your post. Their straps look nice. I now have a few on the way. No such thing as bad publicity!

19. Tzoid Jul 9, 2020

Good for you..... I guess the Mob has spoken and an individuals experience is subjective.

You're welcome.....

BlackTalon likes this.
  20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 9, 2020

No mob rule, but you have to agree that shipping anything with 90% of the worlds planes not flying is going to be tuff.
    Especially somewhere like Spain a month ago.