Forums Latest Members

Movado/Zenith Datron HS 360 El Primero questionable repair

1. Joseph7 May 16, 2024

I recently purchase a Movado HS 360 on Ebay ( i know , don't hate me too much ) . I had one of these in the early 80's as a gift which is long since gone . I've always been seeking another & found a really nice example . After waiting for the authentication process ( questionable at best ) my local trusted watchmaker opened up the case and to my horror the reset hammer had been grinded/soldered over the set screw !

Vintage Movado/Zenith Datron HS360 | eBayPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The original owner ( since 1974 ) states that he had the watch serviced @ Gray & Sons in Bal Harbor . He provided just the header of the repair ticket w/ the watch description , serial # and the invoice # but no detailed description of the work performed . I sent the seller an email with a pic and the current state of affairs & i'm waiting for a response . Even though he has a no return policy i'm sure that the item was misrepresented ( knowingly or not ) & i'll get satisfaction .

All of the function are working and the reset is working correctly ( but for how long ? ) and i'm currently checking the reserve time on it . .

I'm posting here on your site for any help you can provide and again please don't be too harsh . I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance ,

Joseph- Repaired Movado movement.jpg Repaired Movado movement.jpg

2. ken_hodson May 21, 2024

Nice watch. Whilst it must be disappointing that it has this issue, I would probably keep it and have it repaired. Such are the problems buying vintage. Can your watchmaker advise whether it is possible to repair/replace parts so that it is properly fixed? He or she can then service the watch at the same time and you're good to go.

3. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI May 21, 2024

I didn’t realize the OP created several threads on this, but you can see the outcome in their other thread

https://omegaforums.net/threads/movado-zenith-datron-hs-360-questionable-repair.172476/

4. Joseph7 May 22, 2024

I did decide to keep the watch and the seller agreed to refund $600 . I have a new reset hammer coming from Switzerland . It was too nice a watch in that condition to let it go .