Moonwatch only book- casual collector

Hi all,

Just wanted to get an opinion on the Moonwatch only book.

I'm a casual collector who has in interest in vintage Speedmasters. Therefore I only have 1 vintage Speedy.

I already have the moon watch story book which I found interesting.

Would you recommend purchasing this book for a newbie. Is the book more of an encyclopaedia of the technical aspects or does it also cover a lot of the history of the watches.

Thank you in advance,

An inexperienced collector/enthusiast

Hi all,

Just wanted to get an opinion on the Moonwatch only book.

I'm a casual collector who has in interest in vintage Speedmasters. Therefore I only have 1 vintage Speedy.

I already have the moon watch story book which I found interesting.

Would you recommend purchasing this book for a newbie. Is the book more of an encyclopaedia of the technical aspects or does it also cover a lot of the history of the watches.

Thank you in advance,

An inexperienced collector/enthusiast
It definitely is a technical encyclopaedia first and foremost but it covers so many intricacies and details that its really interesting for anyone keen on the model.

It definitely is a technical encyclopaedia first and foremost but it covers so many intricacies and details that its really interesting for anyone keen on the model.
Thank you.

I'm really considering purchasing it. May come in handy for a future purchase

I agree

Third edition (2019) Moonwatch Only is the one to have ... ::book::
MWU_moonwatchUniverse.jpg
WatchPrint_small.jpg
This might open a can of worms! I've always wanted to learn more about what the Cosmonauts wore. Does the book have much on this topic?

@alakapla1
There's a separate chapter with a selection of the best but lesser-known spaceflight photographs... selected by MoonwatchUniverse ;)
You come a bit late as I already offered a couple of free books to OF members...
Anyway the book is a must-have for those interested in the subject... wish it was available 30 years ago when I bought my Speedmaster

First Edition signed for Omega Forum members is probably the one to have ;)

BB3F707E-CC52-429C-B319-8BDB5B7AC958.jpeg DDC733D1-A3BE-4E7D-9553-76AB60BDAC58.jpeg
I feel like that edition is for the seasoned collector

@STANDY
Book collector wise a first edition is always important... information wise, the third edition has all the corrections and updated for the 2019 models
::book::

@alakapla1
There's a separate chapter with a selection of the best but lesser-known spaceflight photographs... selected by MoonwatchUniverse ;)
You come a bit late as I already offered a couple of free books to OF members...
Anyway the book is a must-have for those interested in the subject... wish it was available 30 years ago when I bought my Speedmaster
I'm happy to invest in the book. However it's mighty kind of you to do that for others.

It's great how helpful the community is.

@STANDY
Book collector wise a first edition is always important... information wise, the third edition has all the corrections and updated for the 2019 models
::book::

You know we are collectors ;)

Dropping thousands on watches, the cost of books like this are rounding error. It’s why us UG lovers always recommend Sala to noobs. I only own two vintage speedy, but I own this book. It’s very well done.

Will they bring out a revised edition to cover the Omega X Swatch, Moonswatch?

Not a Moonwatch

Send this request to the authors of the book.

Troll level 5.

Well, April fool's day is coming up soon.

I'd word it something like...

Hello,

I just discovered your book. I love it. I'm new into collecting moon watches. I just scored two moonSwatch watches this weekend. I love them. Will you be adding a section on these moonswatches in your next release?