Forums Latest Members
  1. Ozawa May 2, 2018

Hi

Few days ago, I started my first thread at OF and asked some questions about my recent purchase:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/hel...purchased-seamaster-geneve.75221/#post-955263
    I'm really grateful for all the help I got from the experts here at OF, thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-OM...R-1960s-Original-BOX-Swiss-Made/163008399900?Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Above is the original listing of the watch. Yesterday I received the watch and really liked it initially. Then I noticed that the seconds hand got stuck at somewhere every round. First I thought it was the same position for every round before realizing that was the minutes hand blocking the way of the seconds hand! So, every time the seconds hand moves past the minutes hand, it gets hold by it for about 1 second of time before finally making through it...After some close inspection, I think the problem is caused by the head of the seconds hand bending downwards. Anyway this was definitely not mentioned by the seller.

Is this problem big enough to request for return? Or it should be an easy fix that I should get it done locally? The listing says the seller does not accept returns. What am I supposed to do right now? Sorry for the description by my poor English...If this problem could not be understood, I'll shoot a video about the problem and post the link once I get home. Thanks!:)

2. ulackfocus May 2, 2018

Your English was perfectly fine and got your point across.

The hands rubbing is a relatively easy fix during a service.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 2, 2018

However since the consensus in your original post was that you over paid for the watch, this would be a perfect excuse to return it.

4. Ozawa May 3, 2018

Thanks! I'm rather new this hobby so not sure I used the right terms. I guess I'm going to have it serviced soon.

5. Ozawa May 3, 2018

I'm still hesitated about whether to return it or to have it serviced...The seller does not accept returns but it's one of the "more actions" I can do now. Does that mean I can return it anyway?

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 3, 2018

Tell them the problem and ask them politely to accept the return.

If they refuse file a "not as described" complaint with eBay, you can force the return even if they say the don't accept returns.

Ozawa and Davidt like this.
  7. Ozawa May 5, 2018

An update: The seller offered to send me a $100 service fee to keep the watch or just return it for a full refund. I seriously considered the offer but decided to just return the watch. Thanks for the advice!