Mid-Atlantic Get together was awesome

Posts
1,957
Likes
5,922
I took the liberty of lightening up the fauxtina on your avatar to save you on that relume job.

I really need to recommit to a skin care routine.
 
Posts
5,535
Likes
9,470
Me and wy wife for sure. I know that I can't live without a speedmaster now and she supports this. I saw some amazing pieces for sure. My wife got a new love in the devil diver as previously mentioned. 馃槑

@BlackTalon showed me a Universal Geneve I never knew I needed until yesterday as well -- send more info please!
Erric: All you need to know is in this thread. There is great info at the beginning, followed by many pages of photos.
 
Posts
246
Likes
586
Okay, another one: as a result of this horo-fest, did anyone get to see and experience a particular watch that they previously only experienced from pictures on the Net, and if so, were you more, or less inclined to add it on your wish list?
Totally! Had never previously experienced Constellations of any type and was really looking forward to seeing some pie pans. They did not disappoint, as I suspected. I general, I discovered that I really do enjoy watches in the 34-36mm range greatly. There were two watches that just clicked for me when I tried them on. The first was a 50s BP Bathyscaphe that brought an instant smile to my face! The second was a funky octagonal Zenith Defy of which I'd seen many pictures on the web and thought, while cool and funky, wouldn't be for me. Well was I ever wrong -- throw in that sweet GF ladder bracelet and I was hooked! (Not sure the etiquette here for sharing who belongs to what watch with pictures so I'm gonna refrain.)
 
Posts
2,044
Likes
7,186
Same here: it was a special opportunity to expand one鈥檚 horizons!! Without mentioning any particular model, I will say that the discussions with fellow collectors really rekindled my interest in vintage watches, especially since I feel I had strayed too much into the modern world as of late.

Was a very humbling experience for me as well with all other attendees displaying encyclopedic levels of knowledge on so many brands, models, time periods, etc.
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,245
Just realized I took one more pic, not sure who owns this one but it was a fabulous piece.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Just realized I took one more pic, not sure who owns this one but it was a fabulous piece.
One year only bracelet- someone else there had the same year Seamaster with the stainless version of the same bracelet. I鈥檓 sure there was a shot with both together.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,377
Maybe we can try a SouthEast event in Atlanta, GA?
We have been hoping that our efforts in the Mid-Atlantic region would lead to others starting regional OF G2Gs. Do it!
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
We have been hoping that our efforts in the Mid-Atlantic region would lead to others starting regional OF G2Gs. Do it!
And eventually our NYC friends will host an entire east coast event with a fully secured comped hotel for everyone to stay in. Everyone in New York is rich and owns hotels, right?
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,377
And eventually our NYC friends will host an entire east coast event with a fully secured comped hotel for everyone to stay in. Everyone in New York is rich and owns hotels, right?
No question about it.
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,245
And eventually our NYC friends will host an entire east coast event with a fully secured comped hotel for everyone to stay in. Everyone in New York is rich and owns hotels, right?

You said you were close by and we assumed you owned one of those 20-room provincial homes in the neighborhood.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
You said you were close by and we assumed you owned one of those 20-room provincial homes in the neighborhood.
One day- I am but a civil servant. Trust me, if I owned one of those big ass Victorians I would have hosted the event there.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,377
James, you mean to say that you don't own a mansion, a villa in France, a yacht, and a string of poloponies?
Edited:
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
James, you mean to say that you don't own a mansion, a yacht, and a string of poloponies?
Even if I did, I would still be collecting devil divers and Seawolfs. Money can鈥檛 buy me love 馃グ
 
Posts
5,026
Likes
18,607
And you made me want an Autavia officially- dibs when I get my windfall
Which autavia by the way?
 
Posts
3,651
Likes
24,754
Which autavia by the way?

Viceroy! Picked it up this year. If I had the money, I think I could be pretty happy just focusing on vintage Heuer.