Mid-Atlantic Get together was awesome

Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Same here...

especially because I want to mock what they look like/how they dress. 😎😁
I believe that feeling is an artifact of Reddit and The Rolex forums…it will pass soon. 😉
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
5,922
I believe that feeling is an artifact of Reddit and The Rolex forums…it will pass soon. 😉

Oh come on now, a little humiliation between bros is the white stuff between the artificial chocolate yuck of an Oreo.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Oh come on now, a little humiliation between bros is the white stuff between the artificial chocolate yuck of an Oreo.
Ok, I’ll give you a hint- I’m the one wearing the jockey helmet and fringed vest….wait…I may have the wrong forum 😗
 
Posts
3,266
Likes
23,415
One of the participants already outed himself 😉. I just assumed since we’re living in a simulation that you were all bots. Or a new rule you have to take a selfie and make it your avatar. You first @SC1.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
One of the participants already outed himself 😉. I just assumed since we’re living in a simulation that you were all bots. Or a new rule you have to take a selfie and make it your avatar. You first @SC1.
My avatar is a selfie!
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
FTFY...
This would then require suites with kitchenettes to be able to actually use the knives appropriately. Now we are getting specific.
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
5,922
One of the participants already outed himself 😉. I just assumed since we’re living in a simulation that you were all bots. Or a new rule you have to take a selfie and make it your avatar. You first @SC1.

I did... I am my wrist and my watch.

Oh, and this is the rest too-

 
Posts
7,320
Likes
23,728
Okay, another one: as a result of this horo-fest, did anyone get to see and experience a particular watch that they previously only experienced from pictures on the Net, and if so, were you more, or less inclined to add it on your wish list?
 
Posts
3,266
Likes
23,415
I did... I am my wrist and my watch.

Oh, and this is the rest too-

Why is that crazy man assaulting you?
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,377
Would it be possible to list each attendee by their OF user name in that group photo? Would love to put a face to the names.
That’s a negative, ghost rider. We were very careful to come up with a protocol to ensure the safety of our participants. There are too many bad actors out there who are smart enough to piece together someone’s identity and location from information picked up from social media and other sources on the internet. We don’t want to give them any help doing so. This may sound like an overly cautious approach, but the threat is real and I take it seriously. This is an incentive, however, for you to satisfy your curiosity by showing up in person next year and meeting other attendees. As a nod to your request, however, I was the one taking the photo, so here I am:

I really have to start shaving before I attend these gatherings.
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
5,922
Why is that crazy man assaulting you?

Agreed, son of a bitch was a real instigator.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,377
Okay, another one: as a result of this horo-fest, did anyone get to see and experience a particular watch that they previously only experienced from pictures on the Net, and if so, were you more, or less inclined to add it on your wish list?
Yes, I had never seen a Constellation reference 2887 before the G2G and when I left it went with me. 😲
 
Posts
3,431
Likes
9,108
That’s a negative, ghost rider. We were very careful to come up with a protocol to ensure the safety of our participants. There are too many bad actors out there who are smart enough to piece together someone’s identity and location from information picked up from social media and other sources on the internet. We don’t want to give them any help doing so. This may sound like an overly cautious approach, but the threat is real and I take it seriously. This is an incentive, however, for you to satisfy your curiosity by showing up in person next year and meeting other attendees. As a nod to your request, however, I was the one taking the photo, so here I am:

I really have to start shaving before I attend these gatherings.

I get it. Maybe I’ll put together a similar event in the Northeast, where most of the cool OF members live, Your event sounds like a great time
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Okay, another one: as a result of this horo-fest, did anyone get to see and experience a particular watch that they previously only experienced from pictures on the Net, and if so, were you more, or less inclined to add it on your wish list?
Yes! @BlackTalon brought his Nivada chrono reissue. I have loved what Nivada has been doing but had never handled one in the flesh. It was superb! Fautina was spot on (not too much), I am a stickler for sub-dial size in proportion to dial size (I have passed on some killer vintage chronos because the sub dials were just a hair small for my taste) and I feared they would look too small in the flesh- nope, and it just felt good in the hand.
The Nivada trifecta is on my list now- the Chrono, the Depthmaster (Pac-Man with Fauxtina) and the Antarctic.
 
Posts
3,651
Likes
24,754
Okay, another one: as a result of this horo-fest, did anyone get to see and experience a particular watch that they previously only experienced from pictures on the Net, and if so, were you more, or less inclined to add it on your wish list?

Definitely! In particular, I think a flightmaster, a MK40 Schumacher, and a vintage devil diver jumped up in my wishlist.

I also really enjoyed checking out lots of vintage speedies I'll likely never afford, including a very nice pre-moon.

Edit: forgot also add that @JwRosenthal let me play with his Watchco Seamaster, which was really great to check out in person.
Edited:
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,245
Okay, another one: as a result of this horo-fest, did anyone get to see and experience a particular watch that they previously only experienced from pictures on the Net, and if so, were you more, or less inclined to add it on your wish list?

Me and wy wife for sure. I know that I can't live without a speedmaster now and she supports this. I saw some amazing pieces for sure. My wife got a new love in the devil diver as previously mentioned. 😎

@BlackTalon showed me a Universal Geneve I never knew I needed until yesterday as well -- send more info please!
Edited:
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
Me and wy wife for sure. I know that I can't live without a speedmaster now and she supports this. I saw some amazing pieces for sure. My wife got a new love in the devil diver as previously mentioned. 😎

@BlackTalon showed me a Universal Geneve I never knew I needed until yesterday as well more info please!
Yeah, I have a love hate with my Speedmaster but since it’s been with me for 20 years it’s not even something I would ever entertain selling. I know the camp is divided on them for all the reasons I love and hate mine- but it think any serious watch collector/lover should own one and live with it for a period of time to really know if it’s a lifer or not….if for no other reason than to say been there, done that
 
Posts
3,266
Likes
23,415
Agreed, son of a bitch was a real instigator.
I took the liberty of lightening up the fauxtina on your avatar to save you on that relume job.