Forums Latest Members

FS Memosail Regatta 10 Minute Countdown

1. High Hope Mar 11, 2022

This is a fun watch and it works fine. It uses a Valjoux 7737 movement in an almost square case. The case measures 38 x 42 mm. The watch shows little signs of use and the crystal has some minor scratches. The watch was bought in the 70s by a woman sailor who raced on Lake Michigan, and I bought it from her. There is a color coded disc visible in a large window (12:00-4:00) that reveals a moving disc that jumps every 30 seconds, starting at 10 minutes and counting down to 0, which is START. Sailboat racing has a 10 (or 5) minute countdown before the start of the race.

Often the timing disc warps and stops the disc. This watch is not warped and works very well. Nonetheless, I had the opportunity to buy a NOS disc in its original packaging in the event a new disc is needed. Also included is the owner's instruction booklet, but no box. I have not opened the case and I do not know it's service history. I am asking $800, which I think is a fair price, but am open to offers. Sorry, no trades, I'm downsizing. 3 pieces alswo good.jpg all red.jpg Disc.jpg Face w crack.jpg IMG-0366.jpg Rear case.jpg S for start.jpg with checked shirt.jpg yellow-red.jpg

aldowaldo8 and AustinCambridge like this.