Forums Latest Members
  1. tritto Oct 26, 2019

Hey guys.
    I'm wondering if you think there is a market for replacement Speedmaster Professional pusher springs to help refurbish vintage pushers?
    A fellow that makes good quality replacements for a few hard to find Seiko springs (pushers and case springs) on one of my forums has asked for suggestions as to what to produce next.
    I suggested there might be a market for good reproduction Speedy pusher springs.
    I have a 145.022 and when it arrived it had a broken spring. Since Omega doesn't sell the springs separately I bought a whole pusher assembly. I know the top pusher spring will probably fail eventually.
    i know it's it's feasible to replace the pusher gaskets to refurbish vintage pushers, but I've never seen anyone selling replacement springs.
    The pusher unit part number for the 145.022/145.0022 is, I believe 086ST0059.
    Does anyone know if the pushers on earlier cases 145.012 etc, would take the same size spring?
    I'll take some measurements from my springs for him, but any information to help confirm which cases/pushers should be compatible would be great.
    Edit: I'm conscious that this might be viewed as the discussion of fake Omega parts. It's not meant that way. Dave doesn't pass his parts off as genuine branded parts. However, I understand if the question falls foul of forum rules.

Edited Oct 26, 2019
  2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 26, 2019

Not sure if there is a market. If you need to replace pusher springs, there are plenty on the Net from China. Pusher sets with different diameters. Might be shitty and shiny, but the springs are pretty good. And these sets cost pittens.... Kind regards. Achim

marco likes this.
  3. S.H. Oct 26, 2019

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 26, 2019

watchyouwant likes this.
  5. S.H. Oct 26, 2019

6. tritto Oct 27, 2019

Thanks guys.
    Springs don't seem to get discussed much amongst Omega folks (perhaps because fewer of them tend to tinker with their own watches than on some of the other sites I frequent). I haven't spotted any discussion of any preferred replacements and I thought perhaps if someone offered something of the correct dimensions and of good quality, that Omega guys would welcome it.
    I guess it's not as useful as I thought it might be though.