Forums Latest Members

Manual Winding 2020 Railmaster Blue Denim

1. Willockboy Oct 15, 2020

I have recently purchased the latest version of the Seamaster Railmaster Blue Denim and I'm very pleased with the watch.

I do not wear the watch every day but like to keep the watch working, especially in these early days of ownership, in order to check on its accuracy. However, it seems to take a rather long time to wind the watch manually compared to my Rolex Perpetual Date and vintage Omega Chronostop (at least two and a half times more for the Railmaster). Is this normal?

Also, when holding the watch to my ear, the noise of the automatic winding cam moving is significantly more than the Rolex. Is this normal or is it me being too critical?

2. bruin20 Oct 15, 2020

My understanding is that the winding mass will make more noise than usual due to ceramic parts used.

Can't comment on the rest.

3. Duckie Oct 15, 2020

It all sounds pretty normal to me.
    At least within normal range:thumbsup:

As long as it's working properly with no apparent defects then I wouldn't go over analysing things and trying to find fault.
    Once one starts to pull/pick something apart, one tends to kill it:(

4. Willockboy Oct 15, 2020

bruin20 and Duckie - Many thanks for your responses, which are reassuring as well as being sound advice.