Forums Latest Members
  1. Newbieposter Jan 22, 2023

Hi guys,

I recently got given this lovely omega by my father. From my limited online research I believe it may be
    a ‘Omega Quartz Calendar Date Ref. 196
    0316’ unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

As it’s been in a box for about 20yrs I am hesitant to wear it until the strap has been changed as it looks like it may break.

The strap looks like it’s kind of integrated in to the watch with metal of its own, is this a simple swap? Also when measuring lug width do I just take off the strap and measure between the lugs?

Any information at all would be appreciated.

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. DON Jan 23, 2023

You measure the outside of the strap as it matches the width of the outside sides of the lugs

Maybe pressure fit pins holding the strap on. Metal sections integrated into the strap

Problem is. Finding a replacement strap. You could email Omega and ask, but that looks like a croc or gator strap and probably going to cost over $300 or more if they even have one.

Someone might be able to custom make one if you supply the old strap and watch. Metal part would most likely be a single piece. Possibly sewn into the strap for strength

If you don't plan on wearing it. Might be best to just stow away

3. Dan S Jan 23, 2023

Someone custom fit that strap, the watch probably had an integrated bracelet. My suggestion would be to just enjoy it as an heirloom, no need to wear it.