Forums Latest Members
  1. Ervin May 7, 2016

hi all

I just got my first omega vintage off eBay and receive the watch.

I like the watch and it seems to be in very clean condition. However the watch rattles.

I opened the caseback and it seems there are two screws holding it in place. The screws don't seem loose but the prong that holds it is loose.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for you help and let me know the movement and dial is ok for the watch. Thanks.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 7, 2016

It looks like a bit of butchery has taken place. The movement tabs should rotate on the screw into the groove of the case ring, see an example below.

I also think that they are the wrong tabs and are set in the wrong orientation.

What could you do?

Return it (unless the movement picture in the auction showed the butchered mounting arrangement).

P1030764 copy.jpg

OMGRLX likes this.
  3. Ervin May 7, 2016

Ah thanks for the picture. If I wanted to fix it. Is it as simple as flipping the tab and putting it in the case groove?

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 8, 2016

Maybe, and maybe not. And I would suspect not.

I mentioned "butchery", you can see where the case has been gouged out for some reason.

SSCase1.png SSCS2.png

This is what it should look like, see pics here

https://omegaforums.net/threads/incoming-cal-560-omega-automatic-generic.11581/

As I suggested, I would return it.

5. Ervin May 8, 2016

Thanks for you help. I will take your suggestion and return it.

I like the watch and the condition but that might not work if the movement is loose.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 8, 2016

damaged by incompetence