Looking for some technical help. New vintage watch owner.

Hi all,

I have recently bought a Omega constellation with calendar from the 60's. Im looking for some advice on changing the time, as it is set to Japan time and I am located in the UK. I know that turning the crown anti clockwise is a no go. So do i just need to turn clockwise until the date and time is on UK time, cycling through the dates until its correct and then setting the time? or is their some way that is quicker and that I may be missing?

Id really appreciate some insight and I do understand this might be a stupid question I just need some guidance before I give it a go.

Watch for ref.

You may have more responses posting this in the vintage watch forum. You’ve posted in the modern section.

Just leave it alone for a day and it'll stop running. Once it's behind, set it to the correct time and date. Simple.

I know that turning the crown anti clockwise is a no go

Sorry whoever told you that is clueless. Nothing wrong with anti-clockwise setting of the hands.

Sorry whoever told you that is clueless. Nothing wrong with anti-clockwise setting of the hands.
They may have read this little gem of wisdom 🙄.
(I won't comment on the Omega that's presented in the article..............)

Especially if it is a repeater.

Mostly this is true of striking clocks.

Date trips also tend to misfire when reversed. (Unless it is a quickset.)

I wonder how you are supposed to use a semi-quickset date if you can't turn the crown both directions.
Edited:

"When you turn counterclockwise, you force the watch to do something it is not designed for. This can cause fatal damage and a high service bill."

My brother was Killed that way, he was just trying to please his watchmaker.

X350 XJR has it right. This reference has a semi-quickset date function. OP, just watch the video and follow the instructions.

Nothing wrong with going clockwise repeatedly to set the date.. now the only problem may occur over time is getting the canon pinion loose .. which is very SYMPTOMATIC of non-quick set movement. Regards