Looking for some more info on a vintage Seamaster

This watch was passed down to me form my grandfather. When the watch came in my possesion, i had it serviced at a watchmaker. He told me that some parts like the bracelet are likely not the orginal parts that came with the watch. Can someone tell me some more about this watch and what its orginal state would look like? As i would like to change the bracelet for a leather one but i dont want to ruin it if happens to be something special.

Ref. 2802-7SC
Cal. 471
Edited:

That bracelet is a cheap, generic fixoflex that will damage the lugs. I’d get it off asap and replace it with a nice leather strap.

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting your grandfather's watch with supporting photos.

Your watch with the 471 movement is one of the early full rotor movement models to be marketed, coming out in the mid-1950s. Experts will be along to share more detail.

Meanwhile, here's a link.
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Omega_471

I could love that Omega Seamaster to bits on the right leather strap.

Would be nice to see some clear photos of the watch in different (brighter) light. Your good photos do show adequate dial detail.

Davidt speaks truth. Those bracelets will positively gnaw the inner contours of the lugs to ruin and it doesn't take much.

You have an appealing Omega watch. Have fun choosing straps. Pick up two or three likely looking candidates with leather of different hues. Have the watch serviced, wear it with the different straps chosen and enjoy both the watch and the process.

Edited: I read more closely and see that you've had it serviced. Good for you!

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting your grandfather's watch with supporting photos.

Your watch with the 471 movement is one of the early full rotor movement models to be marketed, coming out in the mid-1950s. Experts will be along to share more detail.

Meanwhile, here's a link.
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Omega_471

I could love that Omega Seamaster to bits on the right leather strap.

Would be nice to see some clear photos of the watch in different (brighter) light. Your good photos do show adequate dial detail.

Davidt speaks truth. Those bracelets will positively gnaw the inner contours of the lugs to ruin and it doesn't take much.

You have an appealing Omega watch. Have fun choosing straps. Pick up two or three likely looking candidates with leather of different hues. Have the watch serviced, wear it with the different straps chosen and enjoy both the watch and the process.

Edited: I read more closely and see that you've had it serviced. Good for you!
Thank you very much for the info! I will go looking for some nice leather straps.

Your watch is in very good condition and you should be proud to wear that.
Many of us are partial to reptile skin straps like croc, gator, and lizard. The better quality ones generally cost a bit more, but are worth it.

Great watch! Congrats.

If you search the forum for leather straps, there are plenty of threads with recommendations and feedback at all price points!

I would only suggest exotic like gator, croc or lizard if mainly for special occasions. Simple black or dk. brown is suitable for an everyday wear or work watch

Very nice family piece. Wonderful to see the way the tops of the lugs have been preserved. Nice sharp edges. 👍

Can someone with more knowledge comment on the hands? They seem too long for the dial. Nice watch regardless. I'm generally a proponent for leaving heirlooms in the general configuration in which they were received, so I wouldn't personally worry about the hands, but the OP did ask about originality.

There are definitely some Seamasters with minute hands that extend past an inner minute track, even though that does look unusual. Usually the sweep hand is not so long, however.

twg08149929.jpg

s-l1200.jpg
s-l1600.jpg 938165df-60d7-43fa-9844-92fbafab674f.jpg
Edited: