Looking for some help with my dad’s seamaster mil

May I ask did you send images to Omega for the extract or just give them the relevant serial numbers?

the standard format was A/issue number/last 2 digits of year of issue.

Just dawn on me that 26008 corresponds with the production date given on the extract of 26 of august 1968!

May I ask did you send images to Omega for the extract or just give them the relevant serial numbers?
Both

the standard format was A/issue number/last 2 digits of year of issue.
Thank you yes I know that hence my original request for help. As I’m still unclear what the numbers after the A correspond to I wondered if this was connected to production date

Very interesting to follow. Good that you take your time and got the extract! Sadly my father "just" left me a constellation. A SM 300 would be a gift from heaven!

Thanks for all your assistance watch going to auction with Bonhams in may

Thanks for all your help with this watch is up for auction this Thursday with Bonhams, fingers crossed that with the extract it goes well.

Thanks for all your help with this watch is up for auction this Thursday with Bonhams, fingers crossed that with the extract it goes well.
Do you have a link for it please?

Great, thank you, and best of luck!
Just spoke with Bonhams and it's in with the T P Camerer Cuss personal collection, some lovely pieces, about 260 lots in total: 11 MAY 2023 | STARTING AT 13:00 BST, for anyone interested ;)

Don't sell it!
I’d love to keep it but the potential to have enough money to fix our leaking roof is too Much of an option than remortgaging

I’d love to keep it but the potential to have enough money to fix our leaking roof is too Much of an option than remortgaging

It was a bit tongue in cheek. It's easy to shout 'keep it' when it's not your cash cow sitting there. People on here (me included) get all moist over a vintage watch with family heritage, but the simple fact is that it is a lot of dead money sitting there if it's not your bag, particularly when there are more important things to be addressed - Any Father would understand.

I'm sort of glad this sort of thing doesn't happen to me as even as a watch fan I would struggle to justify sitting on a £30k watch if there were things to be done.

What about a compromise!? Buy yourself a little something with the cash so the sentiment isn't all lost!

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...k-gloss-serviced-reduced.158606/#post-2176179

It was a bit tongue in cheek. It's easy to shout 'keep it' when it's not your cash cow sitting there. People on here (me included) get all moist over a vintage watch with family heritage, but the simple fact is that it is a lot of dead money sitting there if it's not your bag, particularly when there are more important things to be addressed - Any Father would understand.

I'm sort of glad this sort of thing doesn't happen to me as even as a watch fan I would struggle to justify sitting on a £30k watch if there were things to be done.

What about a compromise!? Buy yourself a little something with the cash so the sentiment isn't all lost!

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...k-gloss-serviced-reduced.158606/#post-2176179

Too late...this one's just gone!