Forums Latest Members

Looking for expert advice on this Vintage El Primero 3019?

1. pnwyankee Oct 29, 2019

I am at that dangerous stage where I know just enough to know the watches I would most like to acquire, but not enough to be comfortable spending over $2,500 without the help of some of the folks who frequent this particular Board.
    I like this one because of the era in which it was manufactured,
    and because the price is easier for me to pay than if I hold out for one of the more desirable Zenith Chronos (A384, A385, A386 to name a few I have encountered so far)
    If it were in more pristine condition I would be worried about a redial, something I have discovered I am not good at spotting.
    Does having both Zenith and Movado on the dial add value or detract?
    Is 3019 the number of the movement? Is that a desirable movement?
    Anything that pops up as a red flag, I would like to know about.
    Finally, I hope this is considered the appropriate place for my query
    Thanks.
    LINK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/153692456854Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. WatchCor Oct 29, 2019

Heh, I know that stage too good my friend :rolleyes:. I am sry I cant help with your questions but I know that the ppl who might be able to help, would appreciate pictures in the post and not the link to the sale.

Sry I cant be of anymore help . Good luck:thumbsup:

pnwyankee and connieseamaster like this.
  3. wristpirate Oct 29, 2019

I see no glaringly obvious red flags.

Well priced for what you get. Not a highly desired model, hence still attainable at these price levels.

pnwyankee and CaptainWinsor like this.
  4. amcclell Nov 1, 2019

There were 2 versions of the 3019 PHC movement. The best ones were 31 jewels and most Zenith watches had this one. There was a cheaper version with the rotor marked "17 jewels unadjusted" and most of these were in Movado or Movado/Zenith branded watches. Most of these 17 jewel El Primero watches were imported into the US and the lower jewel count apparently made them cheaper to import. They are nice watches but don't command the same prices that their 31 jewel counterparts get.

pnwyankee likes this.
  5. m neuman What, me worry? Nov 3, 2019

this particular model is actually rare and a bit under the radar. It is a bit mono in colouring. But has a nice presence. It's bracelet is similar to the TV watch and of the same time period, probably 1973-4. I just sold one in perfect condition on Chrono 24 for £2000.