Looking for an Omega Vintage

Hi guys,

I’m looking for an Omega Vintage watch. No specific model. A clean dress watch for daily wearing. I’m open for suggestions. My budget is 500-600 Euro or cheaper.

Do you have any suggestions, ideas or perhaps selling the watch I’m looking for, please let me know.

Thanks.

if you're lucky and you're not in a hurry, you can find a Seamaster Cosmic or a Geneve from the 60s-70s.
your budget remains quite low all the same, it will be sport!

if you're lucky and you're not in a hurry, you can find a Seamaster Cosmic or a Geneve from the 60s-70s.
your budget remains quite low all the same, it will be sport!
Hi,

I’m actually have been looking for a Seamaster Geneve but haven’t found anyone. like you says, you can’t be in hurry.. That’s a beautiful vintage watch!
I know my budget is low, but If I find the right watch I’m willing to pay more of course.

Sorry, I feel like a broken record, but it is definitely not impossible to find good vintage watches in that price range. I have purchased three Seamasters and two Longines Conquests in that budget (or below) within the past few months. Plus an IWC and Eterna, etc. Just take some time to learn what you are looking for and understand the market. Forget about dealers and Chrono24.

longines_conquest_allguard.jpeg IMG_1885.jpeg IMG_1651.jpeg

Picture1.jpg
Edited:

I have purchased three Seamasters and two Longines Conquests in that budget (or below) within the past few months. Plus an IWC and Eterna, etc. Just take some time to learn what you are looking for and understand the market.

longines_conquest_allguard.jpeg IMG_1885.jpeg IMG_1651.jpeg

Picture1.jpg
Wow, nice pieces! Like your seamasters! On which sites have you found them?

Yea, as you says. It take times to learn. I’m in the learning process and I don’t want to buy a redialed Or an non authentic Omega. And of course don’t want to pay any overprice.

There are many nice Omegas out there, it’s quiet easy to think they look good without knowing if they are authentic or not. That’s were the research comes in.

I agree with Dan S, forget chrono24 and the professionals.

Last summer I found a blue seamaster cosmic in superb condition with its original bubble glass for €300 on a French ad site.
you have to find the right arguments to negotiate the price. for this Cosmic, the crown was not original, the seller thought it was untraceable. my watchmaker had one for 25€ 😗

I agree with Dan S, forget chrono24 and the professionals.

Last summer I found a blue seamaster cosmic in superb condition with its original bubble glass for €300 on a French ad site.
you have to find the right arguments to negotiate the price. for this Cosmic, the crown was not original, the seller thought it was untraceable. my watchmaker had one for 25€ 😗

Good job, it’s patience that’s the key for good buy I hear. But the problem is to know what’s god and bad price for watches. That’s the difficult part for me.

Good job, it’s patience that’s the key for good buy I hear. But the problem is to know what’s god and bad price for watches. That’s the difficult part for me.
A good place to check is the sold listings here on the privates sales. Realistic prices from sellers who aren't necessarily going to screw you over. I couldn't agree with @Dan S even more. Stay away from eBay and especially Chrono. Be patient and take your time to research 👍 you'll get something in no time.

A good place to check is the sold listings here on the privates sales. Realistic prices from sellers who aren't necessarily going to screw you over. I couldn't agree with @Dan S even more. Stay away from eBay and especially Chrono. Be patient and take your time to research 👍 you'll get something in no time.

Personally, I don't avoid eBay. Yes, it has become tedious because there are so few auctions. But there are still good watches there occasionally if you know what to look for and what to avoid, and if you are very patient, you will find the occasional no-reserve auction.

Personally, I don't avoid eBay. Yes, it has become tedious because there are so few auctions. But there are still good watches there occasionally if you know what to look for and what to avoid, and if you are very patient, you will find the occasional no-reserve auction.
I agree. eBay can be a good resource occasionally. The recommended thread is definitely an example of that. I only try to avoid eBay these days because I have bought too much recently :whipped:

Also, I want to ad that eBay can lead you to a reputable seller/dealer who has a storefront. You can often find their online presence elsewhere to avoid fees, etc. It's good for both you and the seller.

Personally I love eBay. You do need to have at least a bit of knowledge to negotiate it successfully as I’d say 4 out of 5 vintage Omegas on there are to be avoided.

Thanks for your kind word. I’m looking here and hope I find something I’ll like. Well it’s hard to know for me what’s original or non original on eBay and chrono.

Personally I love eBay. You do need to have at least a bit of knowledge to negotiate it successfully as I’d say 4 out of 5 vintage Omegas on there are to be avoided.
I’ll would like to have that knowledges you have that can identify which omega is original. Well done!

Wish one could filter eBay to Country != (South Korea | India | ...)
You guys opened my eyes about what was going on there...
Total sh#tshow.

Thanks for your kind word. I’m looking here and hope I find something I’ll like. Well it’s hard to know for me what’s original or non original on eBay and chrono.

I sold a Omega Suveran Bullseye on eBay, and it was a very good watch, but I will not do it again because this platform adds additional costs. there is a lot of crap on eBay, over time it is easy to spot.
Chrono24 is a useful platform to know the models that we like and better look for them elsewhere on the net.
I advise you to post here the watches that interest you. there will always be caring people to help you see the important things.

have you already identified the watch you would like to own, outside the budget? size, color of the dial, sporty, dressy, shape, ...

Wish one could filter eBay to Country != (South Korea | India | ...)
You guys opened my eyes about what was going on there...
Total sh#tshow.
Hehe really, is that true that’s is so big different between countries?

I sold a Omega Suveran Bullseye on eBay, and it was a very good watch, but I will not do it again because this platform adds additional costs. there is a lot of crap on eBay, over time it is easy to spot.
Chrono24 is a useful platform to know the models that we like and better look for them elsewhere on the net.
I advise you to post here the watches that interest you. there will always be caring people to help you see the important things.

have you already identified the watch you would like to own, outside the budget? size, color of the dial, sporty, dressy, shape, ...

well I’ve been looking at chrono for a while. eBay I only look here in forum recommending watches on eBay. Chrono I thinks it’s easy to use and they have a lot of nice watches.
I bought my first omega vintage at Catawiki but I will returned it because it’s not working and it was a redial.
The first picture is the watch I bought on Catawiki.

In The second picture I’ve found a watch that I’m interested in. How does it look to you?
So I’m looking for a watch like the first and second picture.

Last picture is a watch that I think is very beautiful, it’s not what I’m looking for really but I’ve starting to consider that as well.

well I’ve been looking at chrono for a while. eBay I only look here in forum recommending watches on eBay. Chrono I thinks it’s easy to use and they have a lot of nice watches.
I bought my first omega vintage at Catawiki but I will returned it because it’s not working and it was a redial.
The first picture is the watch I bought on Catawiki.

In The second picture I’ve found a watch that I’m interested in. How does it look to you?
So I’m looking for a watch like the first and second picture.

Last picture is a watch that I think is very beautiful, it’s not what I’m looking for really but I’ve starting to consider that as well.
Ok I'm going to give you a quick rundown:

Start here. This thread is a learning guide for people who are new and trying to figure out what to look for. Highly recommend it.

Since your budget is around 500 Euros I agree with the above on possibly a 70s Cosmic or late 60s Geneve. Here is an example of one that sold on this very forum in your budget.

Alternatives are looking at other brands that are priced in your budget. I like vintage Tissot and you can find a nice piece from the 60s that sits in your budget.

I was in the same position as you when I started. I really wanted an Omega and almost bought a fantasy redial on Chrono if not for this forum. Be patient and take the time to learn or you may end up with another watch you regret buying.