Looking at this 1974 Geneva

Posts
58
Likes
347
Hello !
First post on the site, happy to be here .
A local watch store is offering this Geneva for sale, recently serviced by a non Omega shop.
I own a Seamaster Deville from the early 60's and wonder how they compare as to movements , reliability etc.
I have attached a pic of my Deville also.
Thanks.

 
Posts
18,762
Likes
38,976
I own a Seamaster Deville from the early 60's and wonder how they compare as to movements , reliability etc.
Probably a 500 series movement in the Genève. They are considered some of the best vintage calibers made by Omega. Maybe a 1000 series caliber which is mostly as reliable, but not as pretty to look at as the 500 series.
 
Posts
58
Likes
347
Probably a 500 series movement in the Genève. They are considered some of the best vintage calibers made by Omega. Maybe a 1000 series caliber which is mostly as reliable, but not as pretty to look at as the 500 series.
Thanks. Are you saying the two watches would have different movements most likely ?
 
Posts
18,762
Likes
38,976
The only way to find out is to open the watch and check the movement.
 
Posts
9
Likes
10
Hello !
First post on the site, happy to be here .
A local watch store is offering this Geneva for sale, recently serviced by a non Omega shop.
I own a Seamaster Deville from the early 60's and wonder how they compare as to movements , reliability etc.
I have attached a pic of my Deville also.
Thanks.

Both are very nice, the Geneve is gorgeous!