Forums Latest Members

Longtime lurker, first time poster

1. Spinakerr Oct 17, 2020

Hi all - I should have posted here first, apologies - got carried away on the Nivada Grenchen thread!

I joined up some years ago but refrained from posting, initially out of the deficit of knowledge I felt I had. Other members convinced me to start posting up, so I thought I'd say hello thank you all for the interesting content over the years. Its better I join the discussions!

I started with an Ed White Speedy 6 years ago and Omega was/is my first love. a 551 Constellation, Chronostop and the 2016 CK2998 followed before I branched out into other brands.

[​IMG]

I have a love of a vintage bargain: nothing brings me more joy than digging a dented Eterna out of a bin for £10 (more on that later) or working with a friend in Tokyo to garner an Enicar Garnix for 'not Valjoux 72' prices, then get them up and running and/or get them home as cheaply as possible.

Lately my focus has been on the Nivada Grenchen brand, and I'm attempting to bring together all the disparate sources of information on the brand's model history: might take a while!

[​IMG]

Thanks again & look forward to chatting.

MtnMarine, Engee, bigsom and 19 others like this.
  2. Woops Oct 17, 2020

I also lurked for years before taking the plunge. Welcome to the grid!

Spinakerr likes this.
  3. Marsimaxam Oct 17, 2020

Lurking can be a good thing, but, it's great you decided to jump into the conversation. I'm a newbie to this Forum, but not to watch Forums, so I felt, for the most part, comfortable participating from the get go, although I've learned plenty along the way.

Wonderful collection and the vintage pieces are very eclectic, quite nice. I look at your Ed White and I swallow hard as I had so many opportunities to pick up vintage Omega Speedmasters in the past, but I bought other brands... Speedmaster prices, especially pre moon, have sky rocketed, so I missed that band wagon. I am and was more of a Rolex collector than an Omega collector as I have only owned two Omegas, whereas I probably have owned maybe 12 Rolexes over the years. However, thru this site I have learned a greater appreciation of the Omega brand and its history. I've been reading Moonwatch Only and Omega A Journey Through Time which also has expanded my knowledge and appreciation of the brand.

Welcome and enjoy the journey...

Spinakerr, lindo and JwRosenthal like this.
  4. JwRosenthal Oct 17, 2020

Welcome to the group- I love that you are focused on Nivada- it's a brand that has only recently gained some attention and I know there is a strong following here. I know nothing of the brand other than seeing the watches online and discussed here- so look forward to any insights you bring to the ongoing discussions.

Spinakerr likes this.
  5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 17, 2020

Welcome!

Spinakerr likes this.
  6. Jonathan40 Oct 17, 2020

Thanks for jumping in, it is a great site and nice that you don’t have to add input every day, I seldom do but love to read the posts from very well informed members and follow the ebb and flow.
    I have no knowledge of vintage pieces or a massive interest in them but the people that do here really know there stuff and then there is plenty of off watch conversation to dive into.
    All that is left to say I suppose is hello and welcome.

Spinakerr and JwRosenthal like this.
  7. LesXL Oct 17, 2020

Bienvenue

Spinakerr likes this.
  8. janice&fred Oct 17, 2020

Welcome to the madcap discussions! Oh and you'll fit right in. Nothing better than hunting down watch treasure and there are a few threads covering that topic. :thumbsup:

Spinakerr and JwRosenthal like this.
  9. allwoundup Oct 17, 2020

Spinakerr likes this.
  10. Spinakerr Oct 18, 2020

Thank you all!

@allwoundup thanks for posting the link - its early days but good fun gathering all the various morsels from the Nivada collectors..

JwRosenthal likes this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 18, 2020

Welcome.

Found this for the cost of lunch in a antique shop last year.

0F0FF6FB-954F-4D13-A9FD-9C5549BEB33E.jpeg FAAFC9B0-0CCF-4AA0-B432-26819CFE8C1C.jpeg

SkunkPrince and allwoundup like this.