Forums Latest Members

Longines with 22L Movement

1. MaximosChalkos Mar 31, 2022

Hello everyone,

Seeking some wisdom on the pictured watch. Asking price is $900. It has a 22L movement, which I've read is mid-range. I don't know much about Longines, especially vintage. Watch looks decent to me, I like the dial a lot. Anybody know of any similar watches, or know what model this one is? Does $900 seem fair?

Thanks! Longines 1.jpg Longines 2.jpg Longines 3.jpg Longines 4.jpg

2. LesXL Apr 1, 2022

Hello,
    I find knotted cases to be cool.

I've seen a couple of similar looking dials before, one here in the forum.

Would you have a straight picture of the dial?

Looks like a redial to me, Longines font is not correct, and it seems the Longines wording is not totally centered to the logo.

Crown should be larger and flatter too, I believe.

We have seen such redial here in the forum in the past.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/first-longines-purchase.10034/

3. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Apr 1, 2022

People do not generally refer to these watches by a model name but rather the caliber. The caliber 22L is arguably comparable in quality to Longines' contemporary movements, however its small size means that it is less desirable to some. As @LesXL mentioned, the printing on this dial does not look great. Below is an example for comparison. If the dial were original, the price would be high but not outrageous, IMO. However, given that the dial might not be original, I would advise to wait for another example.

[​IMG]
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/first-longines-purchase.10034/#post-117899

4. MaximosChalkos Apr 1, 2022

Thank you for providing that example. I noticed the Longines was off center, too. I really love this dial but I suppose I'll have to wait for another to show up.

longines 5.jpg
  5. MaximosChalkos Apr 1, 2022

Thank you for the info on the model/movement. It makes sense you would just reference the movement. I will be waiting for another example, then.