Longines sector dial

Hi,

I got this sector dial longines from ebay couple of years ago. The seller made a mistake and marked it as 33mm but to my suprise I noticed its a 35mm one when it arrived. Seller had just made a mistake on listing it. I got it pretty cheap and I’m not intending to sell it. I would still be interested to hear your opinions about it. If I know anything about Longines it could be quite rare and potenttially also valuable?

Thanks 😀

Lovely watch.

If you're comfortable opening the case (or are okay taking it to a watchmaker, or even a watch repair kiosk at the mall) you can get the movement serial number. With that number you can request the history of watch from Longines. The free version is available via this form. (Select "Historical information on a Longines watch" as the Contact Reason.) More official documenation is also available for a fee.

Lovely watch.

If you're comfortable opening the case (or are okay taking it to a watchmaker, or even a watch repair kiosk at the mall) you can get the movement serial number. With that number you can request the history of watch from Longines. The free version is available via this form. (Select "Historical information on a Longines watch" as the Contact Reason.) More official documenation is also available for a fee.

Thats a good idea. I have to finally learn how to do it myself.

A heart-pounding watch. Congratulations. I wonder how much it costs.😉

A heart-pounding watch. Congratulations. I wonder how much it costs.😉
Thanks! I would like to know also. I have seen similar ones selling for 6k€ but can my watch really be worth that? Or is there something that sets the more expensive ones part from mine?

I have seen similar ones selling for 6k€ but can my watch really be worth that?

Private Eyes is one dealer that specializes in this type of watch. You can see their current listings, though, of course, those are the advertised prices and not necessarily the sold prices.

Hello, similar dial sector dial with stepped bezel and tre-tacche case sold recently for 6K USD, I believe.
But the dial on this one is in rougher shape.
Also case configuration is not as desirable as the tre-tacche case.

So I would venture to say that it would not be as worth as that much.

But still a nice find, especially considering the size is a nice 35mm

Hello, similar dial sector dial with stepped bezel and tre-tacche case sold recently for 6K USD, I believe.
But the dial on this one is in rougher shape.
Also case configuration is not as desirable as the tre-tacche case.

So I would venture to say that it would not be as worth as that much.

But still a nice find, especially considering the size is a nice 35mm

Tre tacches are definitely more desirable. Would you happen to have a link to the listing of it?

https://omegaforums.net/threads/recommended-longines-watches-on-ebay.3388/page-47#post-2327608

please check this posting.

Also, if you can see the photo, your watch is peculiar because the distance minute track and the bezel is quite wide.
from what I heard, this could possibly mean that the dial was taken from a different watch with a smaller diameter.
but as always there could be exceptions, and I am still in the learing process.. but I digress.

anyhow almost identical similar dial configuration, with alternating triangles and squares in the minute track 5-minute marks, and sub-seconds dial with radially oriented quarters.

Also leads to the possibility of the hands being a replacement as well, as the shape of the leaf itself is a style I don't think I have seen in vintage longines of this era.
+ size of the central circle portion of the hands are bigger than compared to the pencil hands in the above link.

Just a suggestion, again.

When the term “sector dial” popped up, I recalled a time in the mid 1970s when I managed a chain jewellery store. I recalled an unusual watch we carried which (as I recalled) was a Longines with a “sector” dial. But we didn’t carry Longines, and I was unable to locate an example of the sector watch I was thinking about. However, we did carry Wittnauer watches. So today, I started looking for a Wittnauer “sector” dial watch, and I found it! Now THAT is a sector dial!

IMG_2452.jpeg

Nice, I like that one. The one with the white dial looks cool too! It's a bit expensive for me and that brand, but nice.

awesome find. I can't comment too much on the specifics but I do have a spectacular Tre Tacche in for service at the moment from a client. Here are a few pics of a super clean dial uncased and something to use for comparison.

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.00.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.00.31 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.00.18 PM.png

awesome find. I can't comment too much on the specifics but I do have a spectacular Tre Tacche in for service at the moment from a client. Here are a few pics of a super clean dial uncased and something to use for comparison.

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.00.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.00.31 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.00.18 PM.png
Thats amazing watch. Thanks for sharing. Is it a 32 or a 35mm

https://omegaforums.net/threads/recommended-longines-watches-on-ebay.3388/page-47#post-2327608

please check this posting.

Also, if you can see the photo, your watch is peculiar because the distance minute track and the bezel is quite wide.
from what I heard, this could possibly mean that the dial was taken from a different watch with a smaller diameter.
but as always there could be exceptions, and I am still in the learing process.. but I digress.

anyhow almost identical similar dial configuration, with alternating triangles and squares in the minute track 5-minute marks, and sub-seconds dial with radially oriented quarter

Just a suggestion, again.

I think you could be in to something.

heres the photo from the link and other similar I spotted from instagram. They seem quite identical to mine. The only difference I can spot is that my dial is not a two tone. The metal is uniform under the printing. Otherwise the printing seems really high quality and looks similar to theone mecha posted.

couple of setbacks. First, I measured the case and its actually a 33mm one. Also another more alarming discovery is that I noticed a white metal dial feet when opening the case.

If some one has a tre tacche case for sale with ruined dial I could be interested. 😁

I think you could be in to something.

heres the photo from the link and other similar I spotted from instagram. They seem quite identical to mine. The only difference I can spot is that my dial is not a two tone. The metal is uniform under the printing. Otherwise the printing seems really high quality and looks similar to theone mecha posted.

couple of setbacks. First, I measured the case and its actually a 33mm one. Also another more alarming discovery is that I noticed a white metal dial feet when opening the case.

If some one has a tre tacche case for sale with ruined dial I could be interested. 😁

I think that dial may be too small for 35mm case?

especially considering the wideness between the rehaut and the minute track.

I think that dial may be too small for 35mm case?

especially considering the wideness between the rehaut and the minute track.
Could be, the bezel on tre tacche is quite wide though. If someone has one and wants to provide measurments of the bezel and the dial I can measure mine.

Could be, the bezel on tre tacche is quite wide though. If someone has one and wants to provide measurments of the bezel and the dial I can measure mine.
Dial diameter should be around 28mm to fit a 35mm tre tacche

Dial diameter should be around 28mm to fit a 35mm tre tacche
Then it seems like a perfect match.