Forums Latest Members

Longines Flagship and Extract from the Archives

1. Biezmez Jun 24, 2022

Hi all

Well it had to happen at some point that I decided to dip my toe into the Longines pool of watches. I got offered a Flagship 30L in lovely original condition. Only part missing for me is that the back cover does not have the etched galleon, I've read different threads about this that not all watches had this, not sure if this is conclusive or not.

What I really wanted to talk about though, was the extract from the archives that Longines offer. I thought I would test this out (now that I had a Longines watch) to see what the experience was like. I can't commend Longines well enough for the excellent service that they offered. Within 24 hours I'd received a personal reply with the details of the watch and confirmation that they would send out the certificate to me. Many congrats to Longines for this service and it certainly inspires me to look out for other Longines watches.

Here's a picture of the watch (pre service - the seconds hand has fallen off). Invoiced in October 1960 and delivered to the Hausammann Company - who were the official Longines distributors for Sweden and Norway(I'm based in Norway).

Regards
    Chris

longines flagship 1.jpg

DaveK likes this.
  2. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Jun 24, 2022

Would you be willing to show photos of the case-back, inside and outside? I assume that the reference number mentioned by Longines on the extract matches the one on the case-back?

3. Biezmez Jun 24, 2022

Hi

Here are some more pics. My assumption is that the back’s been polished and the galleon removed. A real shame as the rest of the case is in lovely condition.

Yes, the reference number matches the case back.

9A9B8F88-BC7D-4C09-A426-84080D9DCFE8.jpeg 1A952B1E-5C2C-43C5-80F2-28D0ABF49DB5.jpeg

Edited Jun 24, 2022
  4. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Jun 24, 2022

Thanks for sharing these photos. I agree with your assumption as the etching on these was quite shallow. Regardless, it looks like a nice example.

Biezmez likes this.