Forums Latest Members

Longines bracelet shortening

1. henrylr Apr 10, 2020

Hi all, I just bought this Longines VHP and am looking for info on how to shorten the bracelet. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
    henrylr
    s-l1600.jpg longine vip.jpg

2. Canuck Apr 10, 2020

You obviously haven’t checked out the edges of the links on either side of the clasp! Those holes are where the hinge pins are inserted to hold the bracelet together. These pins are always stainless steel, and are seen in a variety of different types. Screws, split pins (like a skinny cotter pin), and solid hinge pins. Screws need to be unscrewed. Split pins and hinge pins need to be pushed out with tools for that purpose. The solid pins are often held in with a ferrule, or a stainless steel tube, usually within the centre link. If you get the bracelet apart, and if there are ferrules, don’t lose them! Yer gonna try this yerself, eh? Well good luck.

3. henrylr Apr 10, 2020

I did see pins on the edges of the links but don't know the type of pins used in this bracelet. The watch and bracelet look almost unused so I do not want to scratch it. I thought someone might know the type of pin used in this bracelet and the best way to remove them.

Thanks,
    henrylr

4. Radiumpassion Apr 11, 2020

I use something like this.

34C2B9F1-4DF0-4598-844B-A3C29B0C34C1.jpeg

Or just ask your watchmaker;)

Syrte likes this.