Forums Latest Members
  1. Wat-1 May 4, 2024

So heres a little update on my damaged beads of rice. purchased this poor little thing a while ago was mainly purchased for the strap Screenshot_20240504-235858.png tho the movement under that highly damaged/patina dial is in very good condition and working as well as the case but it's got damaged hands and missing crystal which I will get round to getting at some point and I'll be leaving the age related history dial.
    Screenshot_20240504-235211~2.png once received I noticed that the bracelet was damaged unknowingly which was a shame but only cost £100, so I thought I'd have a little play with it and see if I can fix it started off search for a spare bracelet with no luck then thought about the idea of buying a .3mm stainless steel plate and see if I can fabricate another bracket but didn't like that idea Also thought about twisting some paper clips but would look rubbish. So I thought about using a link to maybe try and use them , after removing a spare link from the strap and carefully opening them up they did kinda fit tho it did have loads of play to start with I couldn't fit two side by side on the clasp side. After a little filling down I managed to tighten it all up with very little side by side movement I know it's not going to be as strong as the original but this is plenty strong enough .what you'll think of my little DIY lol DSC_7087.JPG DSC_7088.JPG DSC_7090.JPG DSC_7092.JPG DSC_7095.JPG

DSC_7091.JPG DSC_7096.JPG
    marco, hen, Poppyboy and 2 others like this.
  2. McKnife May 4, 2024

Good job! That's a great restoration even if it's not really like OEM.

Wat-1 likes this.