Forums Latest Members

Little to No Self Control: Seamaster 300

1. High Hope Aug 22, 2020

My local jeweler/watchmaker sent out a postcard about his upcoming pre-owned sales event. I've been wanting to sell/trade my Longines Avigation I'd bought new from him when I moved to NC 3 years ago. I love the watch but it just wasn't getting worn; maybe a half dozen times in the last year or two. The watch was really clean. It was a monopusher chrono, which was also really appealing.

[​IMG]
    So, I walked in with the complete set and discussed my options. Then the manager, Kevin, said Well, we could offer a trade on one of our pre-owned watches.

Boom! Off to the races. There were four in contention: A PO which I thought was too bulky and, in vivid blue, a bit bling. The Tudor BB was nice, but for some reason it left me cold. We tried a Speedy Racing, thanks, but I'm taking off my Moon watch to try these on. Then Aha, That 300m is the one!

For little out of pocket I traded for this:

[​IMG]
    It is a deep navy with those sharp red accents. It has the wave dial which I always thought was a bit of a novelty, but being so dark the waves really aren't noticeable. My soon-to-be wife loved it, and she thought the hands were particularly cool (before my first marriage I bought a nice Beretta 12 ga. side-by-side shotgun because, well, just because. Maybe this is my wedding gift to myself?)

Today was supposed to be a selling day, not a buying day! Move a watch or two along not buy new ones! Hence, the lack of self control. For some reason I lose my bearings when a pretty face comes along. I suppose there are worse traits, right?

Edited Aug 22, 2020
    Poppydog, ScubaRawb, jB1128 and 6 others like this.
  2. janice&fred Aug 22, 2020

Always been a fan of those. They are heavy but once used to it they are super cool.

High Hope likes this.
  3. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Aug 22, 2020

It could be worse, if you really had no self control you would have walked out of there with five watches...the 4 you tried on, and the one you came in with.

ScubaRawb, High Hope and janice&fred like this.
  4. wolfe44 Aug 22, 2020

Congrats on the beautiful watch! Looks awesome. I like it a lot more than the one you traded. The red hands are cool

High Hope likes this.