Forums Latest Members

Ladies Seamaster Dynamic II aka 'The Spider' - Query

1. Phat Tone Jun 10, 2021

Hello all

My wife recently came into possession of a Ladies Seamaster Dynamic II aka 'The Spider' - see image below

She just asked me what the retail price of this watch would have been in 1985

Can anybody point me at a resource where I might find the answer?

Is there a site that lists the historic retail prices of Omega watches?

Did someone buy this model in 1985 and [possibly because of the ensuing mental scarring] still remembers what it cost?

Any help given will be gratefully received

Phat Tone

Seamaster Dynamic Spider.jpg

2. Jkbenn02 Jun 10, 2021

Have you google search?

3. Phat Tone Jun 11, 2021

Yes, first thing I did. I tried as many combinations of words [around the theme] as I could think of: 'What did my Omega originally cost?', 'Historic retail prices of Omega watches', 'Omega watch RRP in 1985', and very many others

So I figure that while no one person knows everything, it is possible that everyone might know the one thing that I want to know; so here I am

4. ConElPueblo Jun 11, 2021

While I cannot help you directly, I would suggest that you search for old catalogues or adverts online. Often the MSRP is stated on those.

5. Phat Tone Jun 11, 2021

Cool, that's a good tip, thank you - I'll give it a try

6. Syzygy Jun 11, 2021

7. Phat Tone Jun 11, 2021

Thank you, it is full of great info about the Omega Geneve Dynamic from the 1970's; however, the watch that I seek information on is a 1985 Seamaster Dynamic II, it became known as 'The Spider' - the search goes on

Thanks anyway

8. Omegista Jan 16, 2024

Old thread but what the heck...
    I bought a Seamaster Dynamic "Spider" brand new in the mid-late 80's. It was the grey version in a gents size (it was available in two sizes) and came with a black tube style box, red plastic case/strap-key, a rubber strap with a ss clasp and a ss bracelet. I still got everything :)
    As I recall I paid in the neighborhood of 200 USD..It could have been 250 USD. I did not save the receipt...