Forums Latest Members

Ladies Seamaster dynamic spider - too good to be true?

1. Watchboy007 Nov 4, 2014

Greetings fellow Omega enthusiasts,

I was going to buy this for my wife as a Xmas present - it looks ok to me, however I'm sure there are plenty of wiser chaps on here that can spot things that I can't.

Any observations appreciated.
    Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE...OMENS-WATCH-KNOWN-AS-THE-SPIDER-/231353567049Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network?

2. bill5959 Nov 4, 2014

3. Watchboy007 Nov 4, 2014

Thanks for your reply, Bill.

Was that a thumbs up or thumbs down for the link I'd posted?

4. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Nov 4, 2014

If your wife likes the watch and it is truly NOS then it's alright. But they haven't a huge following and that means they can be bought for this price quite regularly. The NOS status if true makes it a good buy.

Watchboy007 likes this.
  5. Watchboy007 Nov 4, 2014

Thanks for your response.

6. bill5959 Nov 4, 2014

I don't know anything about the watch , or the one for sale,s condition, but I do think its cool. Just wanted to show you some other spots of the watch so you can compare price and authenticity. A lot of experts here but again, it's cool. Regards, bill

Watchboy007 likes this.
  7. Mothra Nov 4, 2014

Quartz, seventies, tiny, ladies. Basically four strikes against it from a collectability point of view.

As event horizon says, I'd check carefully that you wife likes it before purchase, as it is a bit of a Marmite style. This one seems sold - if you bought it, let us know how you get on.

Watchboy007 likes this.
  8. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Nov 4, 2014

I would recommend going back to the sixties and get her a mans seamaster/constellation, they are now currently the size a woman wears. Much much better movement and generally better built. Here's a men's Longines I bought the missus, she loves it.
    [​IMG]

Watchboy007 likes this.
  9. ulackfocus Nov 4, 2014

If it's TRUELY a new old stock watch, why does it come with an Omega service box and NOT the original box with the papers?

Also, there's a battery in it. ::puke::

Watchboy007 likes this.
  10. Watchboy007 Nov 7, 2014

Mothra, I'm worried about your phobia to tiny ladies in their seventies wearing quartz :).

An update, I've bought it. It is absolutely immaculate and is unworn. I agree with comments that it could well be marmite, and that tiny watches aren't in fashion. However, my wife has tiny wrists and she doesn't like large watches. I'm yet to see whether I've made the right choice.!

Ideally I'd have liked papers etc however often this isn't available. After seeing it, I'm pleased - it is essentially a new watch.

Thanks for all your replies - appreciated.

Mothra likes this.
  11. Mothra Nov 7, 2014

;) Ugh. Tiny old ladies with stuttering second hands.... you nailed it.

Well played on buying with conviction. Glad it looks good in the flesh. Any chance of a wrist shot Christmas morning?