King Seiko redial?

Posts
1,077
Likes
4,454
On the ‘Bay at the moment…”Superior” and Seiko are not perfectly parallel, minute and smaller marks look off to me, but I’m admittedly a learning novice. Redial or a watch flying under the money?
 
Posts
5,076
Likes
15,712
Automatic & Hi Beat look off centre to the applied furniture as well
 
Posts
457
Likes
152
I am messing with getting KS too. A few days ago I watched this about redials.
(this is for GS, but I think it's relevant)

Hope it helps!

Tbh I was surprised people would bother redialing. The biggest issue for me has been thoae nasty polishings. It's like people teach their kids how to use an angle grinder on vintage KSs. I am not an expert at polishing, but it shouldn't be that hard to preserve the edges.
 
Posts
905
Likes
1,738
If someone really liked a particular watch and the dial was completely stuffed, they redial it. I haven’t had to yet as I have always found an original dial through people I know but if it was a keeper and the dial was so bad it couldn’t be enjoyed, I would get it done. I would state it in an ad if I ever sold it because that’s just not fair otherwise but hell yes why not?
Original dials are cool but if they are so trashed what’s the point?
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
I am messing with getting KS too. A few days ago I watched this about redials.
(this is for GS, but I think it's relevant)
OMG, that video is intolerable.
 
Posts
457
Likes
152
On the ‘Bay at the moment…”Superior” and Seiko are not perfectly parallel, minute and smaller marks look off to me, but I’m admittedly a learning novice. Redial or a watch flying under the money?
Btw today I took a look and realized I bought a LM Seiko watch with the wrong caseback. Tons of sellers are selling ones like that.