Just received my new Planet Ocean 39.5!

This is my third Omega, but my first Planet Ocean. I went back and forth trying to decide between the 39.5 and the 43.5. I thought the 43 might fit my wrist a little better, but I didn't want the extra 2 mm of height. Also, I don't care for the 8900 movement and the quick-set hour hand. I have that in my Aqua Terra, and it is a pain in the ass when you rotate through watches and have to reset the date.

The 39.5 case fits my 7.25"/18.5cm wrist well enough, and the bracelet is truly amazing. Thick, comfortable, but not bulky. It is the perfect compliment to the beefy (but not too beefy) case.

My only complaint is the clasp. With only two more micro adjustment positions, I have not been able to get a good fit. If I remove two links, it's too big. Removing three links, and it is just a little two tight. I can expand two spots on the clasp and get it to fit when I am in a cooler environment, but as soon as I go outside, it is too tight.

I have heard that the 43.5 mm PO clasp is a drop-in replacement for this one. I would definitely like to use the larger clasp with the additional micro adjustment ability. That would make this the perfect dive watch for me.

Anybody know where I can buy a 43.5 mm PO clasp? I don't live within a hundred miles of an Omega dealer, so driving to pick one up is not really an option.

I could write to Omega corporate, but I would rather not pay hundreds of dollars just for the clasp. Any suggestions are welcome.

Here is the PO in my wife's garden:

Edited:

This is my third Omega, but my first Planet Ocean. I went back and forth trying to decide between the 39.5 and the 43.5. I thought the 43 might fit my wrist a little better, but I didn't want the extra 2 mm of height. Also, I don't care for the 8900 movement and the quick-set hour hand. I have that in my Aqua Terra, and it is a pain in the ass when you rotate through watches and have to reset the date.

The 39.5 case fits my 7.25"/18.5cm wrist well enough, and the bracelet is truly amazing. Thick, comfortable, but not bulky. It is the perfect compliment to the beefy (but not too beefy) case.

My only complaint is the clasp. With only two more micro adjustment positions, I have not been able to get a good fit. If I remove two links, it's too big. Removing three links, and it is just a little two tight. I can expand two spots on the clasp and get it to fit when I am in a cooler environment, but as soon as I go outside, it is too tight.

I have heard that the 43.5 mm PO clasp is a drop-in replacement for this one. I would definitely like to use the larger clasp with the additional micro adjustment ability. That would make this the perfect dive watch for me.

Anybody know where I can buy a 43.5 mm PO clasp? I don't live within a hundred miles of an Omega dealer, so driving to pick one up is not really an option.

I could write to Omega corporate, but I would rather not pay hundreds of dollars just for the clasp. Any suggestions are welcome.

Here is the PO in my wife's garden:

Did you look on ebay/chrono24?

Did you look on ebay/chrono24?
I have already checked ebay. I'll look on Chrono24.

EDIT: no luck on chrono24 either. The search continues.
Edited:

Keep us posted. I'm intrigued by the idea of swapping the clasp. I'd assumed that wasn't possible since the bracelets on the 39.5 and larger models are different widths.

It took me two trips to my watchmaker to get the bracelet sorted. I normally wear watches loose, but I soon learned that I didn't want the big watch flopping around. Now it's snug and I can loosen a half-link on a hot day. The larger clasp has a micro adjustment equal to a full link that would required less fine tuning for me.