Just purchased this Vintage Constellation, and I have some questions…

So I just purchased this Constellation from a local boutique in my city that seems highly reputable. After searching online for some time today, I’ve had trouble finding similar looking models (note the font in the word Constellation). My initial guess is this probably had a new dial put in at some point but I thought I’d ask and see what some enthusiasts and connoisseurs here have to say. The case back has a ref 168016 and it looks to use the caliber 564 movement. Thank you!

The dial have been repainted, thats why you dont find anyone similar

If they didn’t tell you upfront that the dial was repainted, return it. The star is way crooked as well. Yeah just return.

It’s funny. Any time a contributor uses the word reputable the outcome seems to usually suggest otherwise.

The case back most likely says 168.018.
A 168.016 is the day/date version.

I find it mildly amusing that the hands are covering the area in question.

Whoops, posted the wrong pic, this one illustrates the font better.
Appreciate everyone’s feedback thus far! Will be returning it

Yea do yourself a favor and return that. Really awful redial. All of the text looks like somebody did it with a sharpie.

Best to check here before purchasing and educating yourself a bit about the nuance and common pitfalls of vintage stuff so you don’t get taken again.
Edited:

Yea do yourself a favor and return that. Really awful redial. All of the text looks like somebody did it with a sharpie.

Best to check here before purchasing and educating yourself a bit about the nuance and common pitfalls of vintage stuff so you don’t get taken again.
This.
Ask before you buy. We are usually a friendly bunch when you ask politely.