Just picked up this ref. 9000-1

Posts
1,903
Likes
24,946
9,5mio serial so dated to 1953/54? No lume was surprising to me at first.

7NFqqUQ.jpg
SpcZSq0.jpg
 
Posts
2,829
Likes
4,945
Posts
1,903
Likes
24,946
P.S. Maybe the invoice date is 1954 or 1955

It sure has an early serial, 9.527k if I’m not mistaken. I will send Longines an email for some info 😀
 
Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
Very nice! And original buckle too - they’re harder to find than the watches themselves! I had a nice two tone one of these before (steel case, gold applied indices and hands) lovely example of 50s watch design. Enjoy!
 
Posts
2,814
Likes
6,941
I have a non-luminous 9000 ref. I’ve also noticed some of the ads from the time featured non luminous variants - they look a little cleaner IMO.

 
Posts
844
Likes
6,758
9,5mio serial so dated to 1953/54? No lume was surprising to me at first.

Stunning! Love the steel hardware with no lume. Dibs!
 
Posts
1,903
Likes
24,946
Stunning! Love the steel hardware with no lume. Dibs!

Thanks this version is less common than with gold tone hardware. I believe the indices are white gold.

This blue combo I like the most!

BFxqktG.jpg
Edited:
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
Slight variation here, a lumed 9011 All-Guard. Previously owned by Ruth Bader Linsberg. 😉

 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,049
Slight variation here, a lumed 9011 All-Guard. Previously owned by Ruth Bader Linsberg. 😉

You should post it in the thread about historic watches 😉
 
Posts
3
Likes
9
Wow! Stunning early Conquest in the most desirable configuration IMHO, congrats!
The bor bracelet fits nicely, but I prefer the strap with the period correct original buckle 🥰