Jules Jurgenson A. Schild AS1710 Movement Discussion

Posts
50
Likes
3
Hi everyone.

Picked this up for almost nothing and had my watchmaker service it (it's running well) and clean. It's been difficult to track down JJ references. Is this from the 60s or is it from the early 70s? Thanks

 
Posts
5,304
Likes
53,921
Knowing absolutely nothing about the brand but looking at the aesthetics of the case and dial design I would guess late 50's to early 60's.
Beautiful indeed, that's a lovely classic dress watch design.
The lack of lume makes it harder to date as that tends to gives some clues as to age.
Great score.

EDIT looking up the calibre year tends to indicate first production of 1970. AI however is often wrong and looking at it's source data I imagine due to a lack of reliable info on the net I am not to sure I would accept that 100% Ranfitt was quoted but....... Really need to look up patent documents, looking at A Schilds reference drawing does note what seems to be a date of 1970 at the bottom of the document but is that drawing a revision ?
Edited: