Forums Latest Members
  1. BruceTheManLee Jul 25, 2016

Has anyone on purchased any Omega's from Jomashop?

Legit? or just scary? I see some prices for unworn NIB at Jomashop to be same price as used/worn on forums and ebay. Is that too good to be true? Everything is like 30%-40% off

Now I'm not talking about LE items like the CK2998 or Snoopy but just standard stuff like the Speedy Pro or Seamaster 300, etc

BearRegister likes this.
  2. alam Jul 25, 2016

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 25, 2016

I have. Some for me, others for friends or mine. Never had an issue except a minor delay on one item (an SMP300 Black dial)

4. VillageIdiot Jul 25, 2016

The threads mentioned by alam are good. In addition, I'd recommend checking out chitownwatch (was todreadawatch) and davidsw, as mentioned by those threads. Search for recommendations for these sellers in other threads here.

5. abrod520 Jul 25, 2016

Or of course Kringkily right here on OF.

tinger and Atleo like this.
  6. VillageIdiot Jul 25, 2016

Kringkily is also good, but I thought he only dealt in used watches?

7. jsg1976 Jul 25, 2016

I bought a Planet Ocean GMT in October from them. Got it for almost 50% off retail, and it's been a great watch. No problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. alam Jul 25, 2016

He can also source BNIB watches...

Atleo likes this.
  9. dlg Jul 25, 2016

Wearing my beautiful 311.30 Speedmaster from Jomashop. Watch was brand new in box and all is well.

BearRegister likes this.
  10. rbob99 Jul 25, 2016

Bought my Tintin from Jomashop. No problems at all and the price was terrific.

jB1128, dlg and CTS-V like this.
  11. bri Jul 26, 2016

Bought two SMP300's from Jomashop, brand new no problems.

dlg likes this.
  12. Watchmutt Jul 28, 2016

I've purchased 3 from Jomashop, and have two friends who have purchased 1 each. No problems at all.

dlg likes this.
  13. mdgrwl Aug 1, 2016

No OEM warranty with Jomashop... Id go private dealer for the piece of mind.

14. dlg Aug 1, 2016

Pay an additional $1000 for warranty? I don't know, I feel like if your brand new watch is running well within 30 days... whats the chance of a brand new Omega needing warranty within a few years?

15. Syed117 Aug 1, 2016

I usually think this as well, but it's important to factor in the cost of service into your purchase.

If a Grey dealer's price is still lower even if you factor in a full service for any manufacturer, it can make sense.

So you don't go back to Jomashop for service if something goes wrong. Send it to the manufacturer and get a full service from them. You might still pay less.

It's unlikely that a new watch would even require a full service if something is wrong out of the box.

VillageIdiot and Atleo like this.
  16. friendharry Aug 1, 2016

I'mplanning to buya Hublot from Jomashop, so I follow this theread with a lot of interest!!!!

17. Atleo Aug 1, 2016

I am in a situation similar to yours. The best addition I can offer to what has been said above is on price for a new planet ocean. There are several reference numbers offered on that site for around 3800-3900. The same reference numbers from a local authorized dealer new in box with my name on the warranty card are about 4600+

As you said, joma is often 30-40 percent off retail. But with some savvy hunting and a lot of help from the knowledge base here, 25-30'percent off is not out of the question from an authorized dealer that you can speak with directly.

Maybe that's a lot of money for a gamble, or maybe it's a safe bet. That is probably subjective. If it matters, I haven't pulled the trigger on a purchase yet precisely BECAUSE of e temptation of sites like joma. My hesitance to commit to a reference number is only part of it . The brand new with my name on the warranty card from a local business might have a market value that I'd be willing to pay.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

18. duc Aug 1, 2016

One purchase (Speedmaster Pro - written about on this forum). Poor communications from Joma, but they delivered fast. I was nervous, but only for a short while.

Some time after that, I sent an email regarding a sale they had. They got back to me three weeks later. It's off putting. I doubt I would use them in the future for two reasons: there are many recommendations for good people to deal with here, who offer similar deals. The second reason is principal. I don't like the one way aspect of "buy from me, but I won't be communicating with any type of consideration to you the customer". 3.5K may not be a lot to them, but it is to me. They should at least respond to bona fide customers.

19. mdgrwl Aug 1, 2016

I understand this reasoning - I'd still buy with a trusted private seller even still.

Reason? Resale value. You can usually find a trusted seller selling within a few hundred of Jomashop... and having an AD warranty is huge when flipping.

I've sold watches I've decided to let go, both AD & grey and the grey are much harder to sell without dropping your pants on them.

Nitzbar likes this.
  20. RegF Aug 2, 2016

I've bought from Joma several times and had no problems whatsoever

The logic about service costs for a warranty issue makes a lot of sense

You can sometimes find an AD who's willing to haggle and the existence of Joma to help bully that type of negotiation can sometimes be of use, if you feel like having that kind of discussion in a shop

As to resale- the prices of almost everything modern and used has taken a hit from the flood of new onto the market.

My experience over the last 9 months is that unless its one of the perenially sought-after models, you'll lose on any 2nd hand flip. The source of the watch will have no impact on that for most brands. On a used Speedie - possibly.

But are you buying to keep or are you planning to flip it quickly?

Is the amount that you are going to lose on the flip-it-quick deal more or less than the amount that you are saving on the Joma deal?

Once you have decided on those factors' importance to you, then you can decide what to do.