Forums Latest Members
  1. BruceTheManLee May 16, 2016

I have never purchased anything grey market or online with respect to "high end" watches. What are your thoughts on using places like Jomashop, maybe not for super $$$$ but watches in the $2k-$4k range? At least if anything wrong your committed funds is low.

Thoughts?

2. arkstfan May 16, 2016

3. abrod520 May 16, 2016

That's true, but in many cases sellers like Kringkily, todreamawatch, DavidSW etc can get you the same watch with a factory warranty for about the same as Jomashop, without the 10% restocking fee if anything goes wrong and it needs to be returned.

Serge likes this.
  4. Bushido May 16, 2016

I have the same recommendation. Sellers like those listed above live and die off of word of mouth and are therefore far more incentivized to produce and keep happy customers. Jomashop, Authenticwatches, et al thrive more on volume over quality of service. It's not so much the front end of the purchase that the major differences show themselves. It is on the back end of things where the stark variance in customer care comes into play. That and the benefit of manufacturer's warranty.

5. BruceTheManLee May 16, 2016

Thanks for all your input and the threads.... will do some research!

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 16, 2016

AD is always the best way to go when new. You can get deals if you negotiate.

7. robocaspar May 16, 2016

Did not know jomashop had a 10% restocking fee. Yikes. As for grey markets, I've heard Costco has the occasional brand name watch at their counters (varies from store to store), and their return policy is top notch.

8. ViaAppia May 16, 2016

I have seen a couple of low end Rolex and even an Omega Speedmaster at Costco a few times. I know the one in Staten Island tends to have a larger stock for watches than what I've seen in NJ or Brooklyn

9. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock May 16, 2016

I've tried on two different new Seamasters at Costco since Christmastime.
    IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG

Spy and ViaAppia like this.
  10. shutterlife May 16, 2016

ahartfie likes this.
  11. ViaAppia May 16, 2016

12. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock May 16, 2016

ViaAppia likes this.
  13. Ilef May 16, 2016

I bought an Aquaterra on Jomasshop a month ago after having researched prices online and in AD store. I Tried the watch on and then made my purchase. I realize there was some risk. My main worry was authenticity. Because there are a lot of posts about counterfeits.
    But honestly I highly doubt grey market stores like Jomas are selling counterfeits. I got the watch I wanted and a very good price. But I do think about people who maybe had bad experiences by not getting the correct watch and then having problems returning it or getting their money back.
    This probably the only watch in will be buying on grey market because I plan on getting Tag H. and those are much easier to negotiate at AD stores.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

14. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 16, 2016

Bought three new ones this past year from 'trusted sellers', all with full or nearly-full Omega warranties. All were less then any AD around would consider, two substantially so. One even beat Jomashop's pricing, while the other 2 were about 10% more.

15. ViaAppia May 16, 2016

ahartfie likes this.
  16. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. May 17, 2016

Also keep in mind that GM watches generally have a lower resale value. I would check prices with the folks @abrod520 meantioned above and chitownwatch.com before you settle for GM.

17. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock May 21, 2016

So I asked about Costco's return policy for luxury watches while I was there today. Their normal return policy applies - nothing special. Keep your receipt and if you're not satisfied you can return it.

I was also quite stoked to find out I can return for a refund my 8-year-old patio chair on which a weld broke. Glad I kept that receipt from 2008!

ViaAppia likes this.
  18. ViaAppia May 21, 2016

Normal return policy for Costco is if it hasn't disintegrated you can return it... I think I am about to make a call to find out the next time I can latch on to a Costco trip :D

ahartfie likes this.
  19. VillageIdiot May 21, 2016

The receipt requirement is new. It wasn't previously needed.

20. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 22, 2016

I've seen Cartier, Tag, Omega, at my Costco. Not sure how they get them. Needless it is a pleasure to support a company that cares about its employees.

ahartfie and ViaAppia like this.