Forums Latest Members

Jomashop discounting the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary in Steel

1. arcadelt Sep 17, 2019

Anyone else noticed this? Sign up for their e-mail newsletter and you'll also get a $20 voucher. I've done the numbers for Australia, and while the extra AU$1000 might be worth it if you could get it new from a Boutique, this offer from Jomashop looks like it might dent the prices being asked in the secondary marketplace.

https://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch-310-20-42-50-01-001.html

265ECCCA-F117-4A14-A7F5-B45B45D6FA84.png

2. Stufflers Mom Sep 17, 2019

I wonder how they got the stock.

connieseamaster and CJpickup57 like this.
  3. Stufflers Mom Sep 17, 2019

It appears that they also have the blue dial Tokyo Speedmaster.

4. wsfarrell Sep 17, 2019

Wow, serious discount after only a couple months. I'm guessing the (potential) flippers aren't going to like this.

tyrantlizardrex, lando, ext1 and 5 others like this.
  5. connieseamaster Sep 17, 2019

Seriously. They must have a couple in hand. If they don't have a watch in hand, but can get it, it will have some kind of wait time shown. Well, that's interesting.

6. saulgoodman Sep 17, 2019

The listing says in stock. I have always known them to be honest about that. Just give them 8K and you may be the first on your block to have the A11! :)

Qwertyqaz likes this.
  7. BradleyJ. Sep 17, 2019

Plus 1 for Jomashop. They'll probably come thru with this for a few lucky people. When I got my Pro just before last Xmas during an Xmas deal, I haven't seen a speedy for sale for less than I paid since.

Edited Sep 17, 2019
  8. jzra Sep 17, 2019

If this is not preowned and this watch has soldout so AD are not flopping it to greymarket bellow retail how they can sell bellow retail?

Foo2rama and Speedimaster like this.
  9. sdre Sep 17, 2019

theres a dealer on the watches for sale section whos selling it at a cool 11.5k usd.

10. Adb_85 Sep 17, 2019

They have it listed as being automatic. 3861 is a manual wind no?

11. Yak1 Sep 17, 2019

Pretty impressive. I’ve heard reasonable things about jomoshop.

12. Evitzee Sep 17, 2019

It's possible Jomashop got a few of these from an AD as part of a larger deal to take some not so popular watches off the dealer's hands. So who's going to bite on one of these? And how much does the lack of the warranty card have on future value? If it's a keeper for someone it probably wouldn't matter. But it's interesting they can sell these for 17% below MSRP and still turn a profit. Would like to know the backstory here.

Edited Sep 17, 2019
    DaveK likes this.
  13. Taybharr Sep 17, 2019

Wow, very surprised to see that they have some of the 50th on Jomashop. Guessing after posting here they won’t be there for long. I believe Jomashop is able to do what they do in part by taking advantage of price discrepancies in different currencies. For instance, a buyer in Thailand could be paying less than a buyer in the US, even adjusted back to USD (I don’t know if this is the case just using it as an example). That, in addition to paying below retail, helps them turn a profit

BlackTalon likes this.
  14. BradleyJ. Sep 17, 2019

After the warranty is up, does the card have any affect on the value? (Not that this would have a warranty but my question is based on of it did) With that said I believe my pro came with an un stamped card, so the card is still present just not useful at all Haha.

Side note on my specific purchase, I saved so much I could have easily paid outa pocket for a service and still saved off the price at my local boutique. So for me it was worth the gamble even if it was a little nerve wracking since I have never bought from JS

15. rominvicta Sep 17, 2019

Pretty much within what I expected to happen. Some enablers over here did their almost best to have its beauty supported expecting market price will go up wise as well but with 6969 pieces and Buzz bottom parts on dial it ain’t an easy job. Looks like Apollo 11 will follow the destiny of Apollo 17 40th Ann. Some like me like it a lot, but majority find it well off any reasons being in love with it.

16. Evitzee Sep 17, 2019

I realize the card has no monetary value after the warranty period but important watch releases always do better if EVERYTHING is included when sold somewhere down the line, this may include hang tags, coffin, brown outer shipping box and all paperwork and accessories.. You see it here on OF all the time, if parts are missing people grumble about it and mark it down. It might only be a couple of hundred bucks, but it will affect the value of the complete set.

EricCsN and Millenary Watches like this.
  17. sdre Sep 17, 2019

Sorry can someone educate me on why doesnt the watch come with box and papers (e.g warranty card?)

rominvicta likes this.
  18. rominvicta Sep 17, 2019

Thought of asking the same, as I did not find any signs of missing papers.

sdre likes this.
  19. Evitzee Sep 17, 2019

It carries a Jomashop warranty, in plain speak it's a grey market watch not covered by Omega. This usually means the Omega Warranty Card is not included.

wsfarrell likes this.
  20. repoman Sep 17, 2019

Not surprised by this at all. There are a lot of these watches out there, flippers grabbed too many of them. Legit buyers are starting to get tired of waiting. Omega gives you a 3 year warranty on the piece right? So that's definitely worth something above and beyond a 1 year Jomashop warrranty. W.r.t. the warranty card missing, speaking only for myself, its the least valuable part of a complete package to me and If I could save $1500, yeah, I think I could live without a card and a year or two factory warrranty as the cost difference pays for a couple of additional services. I want to have the inner box most of all, and any COA, from there I want an original receipt of purchase as that helps tell a story as I hope any modern watch I buy will eventually become a vintage watch with an interesting story behind it. Hang tags are cool, and lastly the pictogram and warranty cards and the sleeve they come in. But that's just me. I expect to see more of these show up on Grey market, although I don't expect they will fall much below this price, i think this is the bottom.

rominvicta likes this.