Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntonisCy Dec 12, 2020

Anyone watch the Joe Rogan Podcast?

Couple of months ago i noticed he was wearing a black dial SMP. Few days later he had the black ceramic no date one. Today while watching episode 1577 (latest one) i noticed he is wearing the white dial version.

Must be a big fan.

Thrasher36 likes this.
  2. Iceter Dec 12, 2020

A couple hundred million bucks will broaden your interests.

I’ve been listening for a while but never heard him talk about watches before.

Taddyangle and AntonisCy like this.
  3. speedypants Dec 12, 2020

He has, once to my knowledge - link below

4. Dan S Dec 12, 2020

Who?

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 12, 2020

Failed standup comic, who then became an MMA announcer.

parlayed that into a podcast where he tries to look smart by giving time to any idiot and being neutral.

Somewhere his old partner in crime Dan Cortese is wondering how it all happened.

Albe100, mz_cle, Dedalus05 and 12 others like this.
  6. pongster Dec 12, 2020

i remember him from Fear Factor

7. Gixnic Dec 12, 2020

A conspiracy theorist as well.

glownyc, redzer007 and s2000_driver like this.
  8. sjg22 Dec 13, 2020

The most popular podcaster in the world. Someone who is part enough of general social discourse that it’s surprising you wouldn’t be aware of them.

And by “failed standup” I assume you mean a person who appeared on multiple successful syndicated network comedies before the age of 35, which by any measure is massive success in an incredibly competitive profession.

Let’s try and at least be intellectually honest here.

Edited Dec 13, 2020
  9. blueteg Dec 13, 2020

I guess if you're not a loud, outspoken moron who can listen to someone with an opposing opinion as your own, without losing your mind that makes you 'neutral' these days. I thought that just made you an adult. ::shrug::
    Strange times we're living in. :)

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 13, 2020

1 show that I liked and watched religiously, I honestly have no recollection of him being on News Radio... Then a bunch of single episodes... Tis, not a very successful comedic career. He has done much better as an announcer, and he does a good job at it.

Although anyone that gives time to flat earthers, 9/11 deniers, and way more conspiracy theories is not a good use of my time.

My opinion, take what you want, but if your a fan of Rogan and his embracing of differing viewpoints then you should have no problem with mine.

::popcorn::

11. sjg22 Dec 13, 2020

Quite clearly you have a position. To suggest you’re open to others based upon your posts is... ludicrous? Absurd? You point to 3 strawman topics... first year critical thinking suggests the argument you’re making (while claiming not to make) is a fallacy.

I’m a Mills fan - I like a marketplace of ideas. I’m not afraid of bad ideas as I like the idea of people defending ideas and us, as a society ending up with the best. When someone has 300 podcasts a year, to point to 3 you don’t approve of is a poor argument.

Those that fear alternative opinions, or suggest a lack of bias (ahem), are those to be concerned about. Also, being paid as a regular on a syndicated comedy show by definition makes you successful in that field. To suggest otherwise colours the other points youre attempting to make.

I wouldn’t classify myself as a “joe Rogan fan” - that said, I appreciate that he has a range of viewpoints on his show, which is something the mainstream media no longer does and is a positive for our society.

Edited Dec 13, 2020
  12. ConElPueblo Dec 13, 2020

I think of myself as being a fairly up to date on most issues and I have never heard of him.

Perhaps he's well known in the US and not so much in the rest of the world?

NT931, Pazzo, rob#1 and 5 others like this.
  13. sjg22 Dec 13, 2020

Perhaps. I do not live in Europe.

That said, his podcast was leased for 3 years by Spotify for in excess of $100 million dollars, so clearly a few people have heard of him. I believe this transaction is based on his global populatity.

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 13, 2020

It’s hardly a straw man. Those people have been on multiple times, and that was just off the top of my head there are a lot more. Your point about giving viewpoints not given by mainstream... that’s exactly the point. Some people do not need a larger voice. See above list for examples.

I’ve listened to him and I find him inane. I choose not to listen to him, just as I choose not to listen to his standup back in the day.

although his bit on “this isn’t happening” is quite hilarious I’ll give him that.

Edited Dec 13, 2020
  15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 13, 2020

Guy that does MMA and fear factor. That’s all I know or thought he done.
    Not that big in Australia.

Funny but I find myself looking up a lot of US people I’m supposed to know when I have been in the States with work.
    Yet Crocodile Dundee was/is the only Australian most Americans know. ;)

Taddyangle, MaiLollo, marco and 4 others like this.
  16. blueteg Dec 13, 2020

It's interesting to see a couple people from different countries having very limited knowledge of someone who is so well known (dare I say, "popular", in this thread. haha) in the US. I definitely assumed that he had an international level of exposure, only to find out he's not a big a deal in other parts of the world.

17. CPRwatch Dec 13, 2020

I’m definitely in the I’ve never heard of him camp ,and doubt many in the UK have too .

18. AntonisCy Dec 13, 2020

[​IMG]

19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 13, 2020

Usually hollywood actors yes, anything else. Many baseball, hockey, NFL or basketball players besides one or two I wouldn’t know what they play or who they are until I look them up.

Do know Darwin Australia is still world ice hockey champions again this year..

20. 1st speedy Dec 13, 2020

He's interesting. Love the Episodes with GSP and Firas Zahabi.

FREDMAYCOIN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.