Forums Latest Members

JeanRichard Aquastar Bezel

1. hatter Feb 6, 2021

the bezel on my aquastar (circa 1958) is loose. is the spring under the bezel easily repaired? i've not taken the bezel off but was told the spring can be adjusted or bent to make it tension stronger. any suggestions?

2. JwRosenthal Feb 6, 2021

I have done this with the spring on my Bulova 666, the bezel wiggled and could pop off by hand. I just bent it out the other direction a bit (almost like straitening a spring) and then refitted it (making sure to get the little bent end into the hole) and it’s been fine since.
    Some would recommend using a fresh piece of wire- not sure of what the gauge is for your watch though.

3. hatter Feb 7, 2021

thanks, i'll give it a whirl...

4. Dan S Feb 7, 2021

Loose in what way? Comes off? Or turns too easily? Perhaps you can provide a more detailed description and photos.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  5. hatter Feb 7, 2021

sure....the bezel turns easy about 3/4's of the way around then gets stiff the last 1/4. i have positioned it on the stiff area so as not to move. you can tap on the bezel with your finger when it's on the loose end and hear it click as it slightly hits the case.

6. hatter Feb 7, 2021

someone told me that the jean richard aquastar 60 spring in on the top area (between 11 and 12) of the watch case and not the typical round type spring, but not having taken it apart i'm not certain.

7. hatter Feb 7, 2021

this is the watch...yes i do know the crystal is way wrong, but that is what it was replaced with before i bought it. any help in locating the correct nos crystal with the magnifier built into the crystal would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 6.18.35 PM.png
  8. hatter Feb 7, 2021

i believe it's called a "click spring"