Forums Latest Members

Jeanrichard 1681 info needed please

1. Beastie69 Jan 15, 2017

Hi fellas

I have recently come across this brand with few display pieces that are deeply discounted despite being full gold!

I researched the inter webs and found some pieces also on deep discounts, it remains to be said that the 1681 line features the JR1000 series in house movement.

Any information you guys might have about this brand or line of products is highly appreciated.

2. Mikea Apr 7, 2017

What do you want to know? I have owned three and have some info on the older stuff.

3. Beastie69 Apr 7, 2017

Thanks for taking interest in my post.

What I found was a solid gold 18k 1681 watch offered at huge discount, about 70%off and the price asked by the dealer himself is around $3000 while I believe it retails for 8k+.

So my question was is it worth the money and why is it hugely discounted like that? I found JR at big discount online as well.

So if you please give me your overall experience with these watches I would be grateful.

Thanks

4. Mikea Apr 7, 2017

OK.

Well i have had no experience with their high end (solid gold) watches but the ones i have had my experience has been good, quality case and high level moments. Its always hard to to measure worth and Value because it depends on you outlook, if you were simply looking to spend that amount you would be hard pushed to find a watch matching the craftsmanship of the case, dial and moment. JR are owned by the same group as GP ( GIRARD PERREGAUX) and the the watches are made on the same premise, so quality is not an issue. The only down side to JR is that the resale value inst as good as the well know brands such as Omega, Rolex and even Tag Heuer.

That said I have owned the following and would have no second thoughts about buying again (not at full price);

Daniel JeanRichard 1999 51 jewel chrono (a special highlands model), this was powered by a ETA 2824-2 Top Grade movement and a DD chrono module.

JeanRichard Highlands 2002 51 jewel chrono this was powered by a ETA 2824-2 Top Grade movement and a DD chrono module.

I sold both of the above earlier this year, the accuracy for both was within +5 seconds a month

I am Currently enjoying my new old stock JeanRichard Chronsocope 2012 with a JR31 (ETA 2894-2) that is just as accurate but simply looks amazing, cost to me £670 or $840 in you money. This one i wont let go for a few years and If i had $3000 to spend on a watch (and wasn't looking to sell in the future) I would have no doubt with JR.

5. Mikea Apr 7, 2017

[​IMG]
    DJR Highlands
    [​IMG]
    JR Highlands
    [​IMG]
    JR Chronoscope

6. Beastie69 Apr 7, 2017

Thanks for the thorough reply you gave, I believe that JR excels in the sports watch category and if I am to buy a JR it would most probably be a sports model especially the one with the floating indices.

Thanks for your effort.

7. jaspert Apr 8, 2017

There a lot of JR stocks being sold off by Gray market dealers ( Ashford for example) at big discount , especially the Terrascope , Aquascope, 1681 model lines. The resale value is terrible as a result. I had a bronze dial Terrascope for a while. Nice quality and quite the bargain at the discounted price.