Forums Latest Members

Japan Marui Pandas 3510.21 vs 3539.31

1. Rollied Jan 14, 2020

As my first post on OF, hello all! I hail from the SF Bay Area and here to present you my current dilemma.

I’ve recently learned about and became very intrigued by the Marui Panda(s). Apparently these are reduced Speedmaster with a white dial and black sundials with white hands that were sold only in Marui department stores in Japan, for a limited time.

The further I dug on these fascinating pieces, I found there were two, the 3510.21 and the 3539.31. I know there are basic differences: the bracelet, crystal, WR, and movement. However they seem to be manufactured during the same periods, late 90s early 2000s.

I’ve read claims where some stated one is rarer than the other? Does it mean one was a limited production and the other wasn’t? It seems strange that two very similar watches with different specs were produced during the same periods of time.

thoughts?

2. uglyjorts Oct 30, 2022

Bump

3. mountainunder Oct 31, 2022

I believe the 3539.31 was re-released simply because the 3510.21 was so well received.
    There should be no other Marui limited editions that have been re-released.
    The 3510.21 has classic details and the 3539.31 has modern details.
    The atmosphere changes quite a bit depending on whether the watch crystal is plastic or sapphire glass.
    I think you can choose according to your preference.

When you purchase the watch, be sure to check the warranty card to make sure that the watch was sold by Marui.