I've been collecting Vintage Omegas for 35 years, and regularly hang out on two forums.

In that time, I have of course made numerous friends online, but have only had a face-to-face with another member twice. That is until last week.

Rich posted about his fathers Soccer Timer here, and mentioned he was in Podunk, Arkansas. I suspected that was pretty close to where I live. I reached out to him, we exchanged phone numbers, and had several nice conversations.

He wanted to sell the watch, and I recommended he sell on this forum or on eBay. I offered to help in any way he would like. But after a few discussions, he made it clear he wanted to sell it to me. We agreed on a price and last week he dropped by with the watch, some left over parts from the service, and several good stories.

In addition to being a super nice guy, he is a real character. He grew up with, and remains best friends with, Richard Sternban, bass singer for the Oak Ridge Boys. We plan to get together again and swap more lies:).

The watch appears to me to be ~NOS condition, but decide for yourselves:20240812_144905.jpg 20240812_144913.jpg 20240812_144938.jpg 20240812_145251.jpg

Like 31
Forgot. The original case was not redone. It was returned unpolished, and a new case was supplied.

Like 1
Beautiful watch. Now you should explain how they record stoppage time!

Like 1
Dr Steve is a great guy. But most importantly, I made a new friend. Oh and to the folks that said they thought i was a fraud, maybe you should rethink ........ahhh never mind.

Congratulations on selling your watch after following the advice of a member on how to sell on this forum.

Like 4
Congratulations on selling your watch after following the advice of a member on how to sell on this forum.
Who knows what opportunities would have appeared if he had posted photos. But then again, he made a new friend ... awwwww. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Like 2
Great watch and sounds like a great new friend! Wish there were some folks bumming around my parts of Germany! Haha

Like 1
Who knows what opportunities would have appeared if he had posted photos. But then again, he made a new friend ... awwwww. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
No doubt it would be interesting to know the price achieved for such a nice example of a highly sought after watch.

Great story.