It got a little chilly (bomb cyclone content)

My region of North Texas went from a 45F high this morning to a current temperature of 16F.

I don’t want to sound like a PSA, but please everyone remember to bring in your pets and shelter your livestock.

Expecting 2 inches of rain tomorrow, then freezing temps on Saturday in the Granite State.

Sissies,

Two hundred miles south east of us this morning, the wind chill factor was -50° C! That’s - 58° F. All the while here, it was - 31° C, or-24° F. Love the Canadian prairies!

Sissies,

Two hundred miles south east of us this morning, the wind chill factor was -50° C! That’s - 58° F. All the while here, it was - 31° C, or-24° F. Love the Canadian prairies!

I saw frost on the roof across the street yesterday 😗
2992301D-AC61-4401-AF3F-B89B1579541B.jpeg
ahhhh coastal winter...

I don’t want to sound like a PSA, but please everyone remember to bring in your pets and shelter your livestock.
Bring your vintage vintage watches from the shed and disconnect your hoses from outdoor sillcocks (spigots to you politically correct).
This ends the PSA's

Bring your vintage vintage watches from the shed and disconnect your hoses from outdoor sillcocks (spigots to you politically correct).
This ends the PSA's

My watches are safely buried below the frost line in a hermetically sealed container. And yes, the container is a very large mayonnaise jar, and it's buried below Funk and Wagnalls' porch.

My watches are safely buried below the frost line in a hermetically sealed container. And yes, the container is a very large mayonnaise jar, and it's buried below Funk and Wagnalls' porch.
What part of the property? Can you provide coordinates, it is cold?

What part of the property? Can you provide coordinates, it is cold?
Don’t forget that he is a scientist and there may be some form of neurotoxin booby trap in the jar that makes you spend all your money on Invicta’s

First cyclone for my neck of the woods this year.
Anyone seen a 10 inch rain gauge fill in just over a hour 😗

It's lousy here as well. Some clouds on the horizon.... Temperature dropped rapidly to 26 Celsius ( plus that is ) . Stay safe everyone. Santa might need a light Jumper this year...
IMG_20220312_183106.jpg

Read about this phenomena in the Swedish news as well. Apparently happens about once in a generation. Stay safe!

Howling wind, -10 and hardly any snow. Pissed.

Howling wind, -10 and hardly any snow. Pissed.
Steady heavy rain for the last 24 hours, ground is saturated and running off, hard freeze would be about par for the course for us here in the mid-Atlantic. The ice rink formerly known as your driveway,

Steady heavy rain for the last 24 hours, ground is saturated and running off, hard freeze would be about par for the course for us here in the mid-Atlantic. The ice rink formerly known as your driveway,
I remember that well.

Skating to the grocery store!

A balmy 19F and bright sunshine, now in North Texas.......wind chill 6F

Last night we had a windstorm that sounded like a train outside my house. I figured I’d be breaking out the chainsaw but the trees are still vertical. I did a check and found roof tiles scattered about. One on my deck. These don’t appear to be from my house but there were quite a few of them and I don’t have neighbors close by. 100,000 people in my state without power.
image.jpg