Is this seamaster dial original?

Definitely don't want to short change anyone, since it was an auction and especially if the consensus here is that it's real and I trust the folks here. But I will ask the seller about any possible aftermarket history, thanks for the advice!
I would just be sure to get it serviced before wearing it and then find a nicer strap for it as that looks like a cheapo

The interesting thing are the differences concerning the lume-dot at 3 o clock.... all shown watches - 😗

post # 1 : good but not perfect

Probably not what happened, but it looks as if someone wrote "Sea master" on the dial first, and then corrected it as "Seamaster".

I would just be sure to get it serviced before wearing it and then find a nicer strap for it as that looks like a cheapo
Yes that's the plan! I think that strap is the original strap though isn't it?

Update : Spoke at length to the seller's watch guy yesterday. He was a really nice guy and told me that it's totally upto me if I wanted to keep it or not, they've had issues with ebay authenticators not approving rolexs' and omegas' in the past with the Tiffany stamp. Told me a bit about how they procured the watch. It was part of someone's estate and the watch hasn't been touched since. After the formalities of assuring me that they have never sent the watch to a watchmaker he geeked out a bit saying that if I see it in person I'll realize that that watch has probably never been touched since production and is an excellent example of the reference.

Now he could be just a great salesman but he seemed genuine!

Yes that's the plan! I think that strap is the original strap though isn't it?

Update : Spoke at length to the seller's watch guy yesterday. He was a really nice guy and told me that it's totally upto me if I wanted to keep it or not, they've had issues with ebay authenticators not approving rolexs' and omegas' in the past with the Tiffany stamp. Told me a bit about how they procured the watch. It was part of someone's estate and the watch hasn't been touched since. After the formalities of assuring me that they have never sent the watch to a watchmaker he geeked out a bit saying that if I see it in person I'll realize that that watch has probably never been touched since production and is an excellent example of the reference.

Now he could be just a great salesman but he seemed genuine!
I doubt it’s the original strap but if it were that would be even more reason to get a good quality new one.

My personal favourite are the comfortable shell cordovan straps by @jankoxxx theyre pretty great and affordable. You’ll need 18mm wide at the lugs.

I doubt it’s the original strap but if it were that would be even more reason to get a good quality new one.

My personal favourite are the comfortable shell cordovan straps by @jankoxxx theyre pretty great and affordable. You’ll need 18mm wide at the lugs.
Yes I'll have to get the buckle removed and placed on the new one.

I haven't heard of these straps before, I'll take a look. Really liked a few lizard skin ones from Hirsch!