Is this Polerouter Sub as good as I think - or??

I have this Polerouter Sub with a very nice dial (I think). Since I´m considering selling it again, and since I dont know much about this type of Poleruter, I hope to get some help from you guys.

Is the dial original?
Are the hands original?
Anything else you can say about the watch?
It comes with box and papers

What is the estimated sales price for this one?

I really hope to get some help on this one.

Thanks.

Hello. To my not-so-trained eye on these models, all I can confidently say is that the case has been heavily polished and that the dial has been repainted. Regarding hands/crown/parts correctness, I'm sure other members can chime in.

Cheers.
J.

Personally, I'm not seeing any obvious problems with the dial beyond some minor damage. The case has certainly been polished, but at least the lugs are still thick and the lug holes aren't badly cratered. The bezel is of course the elephant in the room.

Personally, I'm not seeing any obvious problems with the dial beyond some minor damage. The case has certainly been polished, but at least the lugs are still thick and the lug holes aren't badly cratered. The bezel is of course the elephant in the room.
Well the missing swiss T and the wonky font made me think that. Though I am no expert. Let’s hear other member’s opinions!

Well the missing swiss T and the wonky font made me think that. Though I am no expert. Let’s hear other member’s opinions!

Understood, and you could be correct of course, but I just couldn't go there from those photos. I think that this watch has the wrong rehaut, which is hiding the outer edge of the dial. And the low resolution photos may be causing some artifacts with the font.

How does the movement compare to the dial? They should always match in condition. Sometimes you see a fairly fresh dial, but the movement looks a bit rough with a worn rotor, suggesting a redial. I would closely inspect the font on your watch, as compare to examples being sold by reputable sellers.

Hello. To my not-so-trained eye on these models, all I can confidently say is that the case has been heavily polished and that the dial has been repainted. Regarding hands/crown/parts correctness, I'm sure other members can chime in.

Cheers.
J.
Thank you for your input😀

And that’s a big elephant - thanks.

How does the movement compare to the dial? They should always match in condition. Sometimes you see a fairly fresh dial, but the movement looks a bit rough with a worn rotor, suggesting a redial. I would closely inspect the font on your watch, as compare to examples being sold by reputable sellers.
Good point - Thanks.

I really dislike anodized aluminum bezels. Even in good condition they look cheap.

I would move this thread to the UG subforum, you will probably get more info there.

I have never really studied the PR subs, so I am not very familiar, however I thought case ref #869120/2 was asymmetrical? So perhaps the caseback does not match the mid case?

The dial looks fine to me offhand. I would not venture definitive opinions about a redial without extensive research.

Not sure on hands either, some questions.

We need to get someone on the thread that really knows this series inside and out.....

Didn't you just buy this for around €2,700?

Surely that must give you some idea of how much the sales price should be? Perhaps you should have asked here prior to buying it...

The polerouter subs are really brilliant; but they are truly a unicorn to find in great condition. Are you not loving it because it is not perfect? These have so much charm and this one, although not perfect, looks great. The dial looks correct to me, but not sure if it is original to the case.

I stand corrected regarding the dial. Upon closer inspection, it might be original. However, the missing swiss T marking at 6 stills bothers me, though as @Dan S said, it could be hidden due to a wrong rehaut. Here are two pics of comparison:

- Correct UG 869116/02 offered by Craft and Tailored:
DSC05220_copy_1024x1024.jpg

- OP's watch (I drew a yellow line to check for alignment issues):

As stated before, I think the missing Swiss T text is a problem here, either by it not being there or hidden, is an issue that needs to be addressed.
I have never really studied the PR subs, so I am not very familiar, however I thought case ref #869120/2 was asymmetrical? So perhaps the caseback does not match the mid case?
Here @bgrisso might be totally correct regarding the case. Could OP's watch be a 869109/01 case with a 869120/02 case back?

The bezel, as pointed out by @Dan S, also is different between the two examples.

Let's see if there are other members with other input. But I would stay away.

Cheers,
J.

Didn't you just buy this for around €2,700?

Surely that must give you some idea of how much the sales price should be? Perhaps you should have asked here prior to buying it...
You are right - I should have asked before buying. My problem was that I just saw the watch 30 min. before the auction ended - and I really liked it. So yes - I took a change, and I lost. Now I´m trying to talk to the auction house - to see if I can cancel the deal.

RTFM 😉

read the " auction terms" (of trade ) Good luck!

(And save the screen-shot of the auction)

I have this Polerouter Sub with a very nice dial (I think). Since I´m considering selling it aga
I would move this thread to the UG subforum, you will probably get more info there.

The dial looks fine to me offhand. I would not venture definitive opinions about a redial without extensive research.

Not sure on hands either, some questions.

We need to get someone on the thread that really knows this series inside and out.....[/QUOT
in, and since I dont know much about this type of Poleruter, I hope to get some help from you guys.

Is the dial original?
Are the hands original?
Anything else you can say about the watch?
It comes with box and papers

What is the estimated sales price for this one?

I really hope to get some help on this one.

Thanks.
Good point especially regarding the dial. A few years ago I was selling a watch on a well known forum only to have an "expert" chime in with a definitive opinion regards the dial. Caused me a headache and spent considerable time gathering evidence to rebuke the "expert" opinion.. All worked out in the end though!

You are right - I should have asked before buying. My problem was that I just saw the watch 30 min. before the auction ended - and I really liked it. So yes - I took a change, and I lost. Now I´m trying to talk to the auction house - to see if I can cancel the deal.

Interesting - I take it that you are the high bidder here?

In which case your first bid was two days prior to the auction closing?

I am tired of you again circumventing the truth and acting innocently... My guess is that you thought you made a good deal and tried to drum up interest in the piece by posting here after the purchase. After it became obvious that a lot of people knew about the auction you now have changed your tune and will "try to return it" even though you know this is perfectly viable and does not take more than a twenty second phone call.