Is this authentic?

Hi,
I found this watch in my Uncle’s things. I’m not sure if it is an authentic watch or not?
It has a very heavy face, the strap has clearly been replaced and broke again. it needs a new battery, but I just wanted to know if it is worth replacing the battery as it’s genuine or not, if it’s fake.
Thanks,
Cassie

Yes late 70’s piece gold plated.

model number is inside the caseback and the serial number on the Omega movement with a quick google search will tell you the approx year.

Little curious/concerned about the alignment of the day display there.

This is not a valuable piece, financially—I’m guessing the sentimental value will outweigh the dollar amount—but it is classic quartz-era Omega.

This is not a valuable piece, financially—I’m guessing the sentimental value will outweigh the dollar amount—but it is classic quartz-era Omega.

agreed potential sign of the day and date wheel being broken. Or just from the last reset and after the next date change will be ok.

Thank you so much, you’ve been so reassuring. It is a sentimental piece. I’ll take it along to the jeweller to have a new battery and look at the date.

Many watches with day-date display start motion at around 10pm, so it may be OK.

Only watchmaker can tell for sure.
gatorcpa